Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The More the Merrier...Or Is It?
07-03-2012, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 12:01 PM by argailwall.)
RE: The More the Merrier...Or Is It?
this ususlly happens in games that players are in a team,

only the brains of the team are totally active and watch every single move, these players also most times say to the others how to move and what to do, the others tend to chat for weather,food or anything else
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Cool. Thanks for the info scarydk. We don't have any expansions for the game yet so i'm not sure what rules you're referring to with some of the abilities but this is something i am definitely looking forward to though. I've also been messing around with creating some new hero characters for our game group. we're still testing them out but i'll be sure to post them once they're completed.
07-04-2012, 06:26 AM
(07-04-2012 12:49 AM)ThePickleLives Wrote:  Cool. Thanks for the info scarydk. We don't have any expansions for the game yet so i'm not sure what rules you're referring to with some of the abilities but this is something i am definitely looking forward to though.

The Dot system rules are introduced in GH and further enhanced in SOTF as I recall.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm in the same boat, Pickle. LOL! I only recently found out about this game, and only just got it for my birthday. So, I only have the base game so far. A lot of times, people talk about things like the DOTS system, and being as I only have the base game, I only sorta kinda know what they are talking about. LOL! But, in time I will get the expansions, and I'm sure it will make sense.

From what I understand, the DOTS thing is a way to keep the game balanced when adding in new stuff with the expansions and so on. If I understand correctly, it makes sure that what you add to one side is properly balanced with what you add to another side. For example, it doesn't give the heroes too much of an advantage, without adding an equal advantage back to the zombies as well to properly balance it out.
07-05-2012, 07:37 PM
(07-05-2012 05:43 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  From what I understand, the DOTS thing is a way to keep the game balanced when adding in new stuff with the expansions and so on. If I understand correctly, it makes sure that what you add to one side is properly balanced with what you add to another side. For example, it doesn't give the heroes too much of an advantage, without adding an equal advantage back to the zombies as well to properly balance it out.

That's right. It also offers you a way to sort of employ a handicap when novice players are playing against veteran players.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-17-2012, 03:21 AM
I'm definitely going to try and get the expansion "for my friend" Zombie17
07-17-2012, 09:08 AM
I´ve tried playing with 7 players (5 heroes) but I'm not going down that route again. The game was heavily imbalanced and while it was mildly fun, it was all the while annoying. We balanced it out by adding more zombies, but it just got to the point where almost every space was filled with zombies.
07-20-2012, 08:11 AM
I feel that once you go above 4 players (maxing at 6 for me), the game slows down too much and new people lose interest when that happens. I have to say though that the extra player guide is awesome, so I might give a larger game another chance with these rules.