Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The New Dead: A Zombie Anthology
02-11-2011, 02:55 PM
The New Dead: A Zombie Anthology
I noticed the forum has a section for books, so I thought i would post about one I am currently reading. It's called "The New Dead: a zombie anthology". It's a collection of short stories from various writers, including Max Brooks. (I haven't read his story yet, but the other I have read are fantastic).

Just thought I'd put it out there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2011, 03:46 PM
RE: The New Dead: A Zombie Anthology
I also have this, but haven't taken the time to really dig into it. I did read the introduction though. Very interesting. It talks about how zombies are the only popular movie monster that has its roots tied to cinema, rather than literature. It also talks about Romero's impact on zombies, changing them from voodoo brainwashed people to the undead creatures we know and love today. Pretty neat read.

Though I haven't read it yet, I am guessing that the Max Brooks piece is an excerpt from World War Z.
02-12-2011, 12:00 AM
RE: The New Dead: A Zombie Anthology
So lets us knpw what you think after the read through.I'm not really into Zombie Lit. but I read WWZ & enjoyed it.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: