Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Nightwatch
10-06-2009, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2009 01:15 AM by mqstout.)
RE: The Nightwatch
I loved that fight scene. It's the key moment for most people who I've had read it who reply, "Um, who do I root for? I don't really want either of the sides to win that much."

BTW, I recommend you omit the last 5 or so pages of the 4th (last) book. It'll make a better story.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2009, 06:35 PM
"The sky's not for us.
We weren't meant to fly.
All we can do is try not to fall."

Kostya Saushkin died for humanity
Sleep well...sleep well.

So Twlight Watch is finished & its on to Last Watch

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
10-15-2009, 11:17 PM
OK I've read the series,really worth the effort.
The last 5 pages are rather anti-clamatic but I
liked them,they do somewhat set up additional books.

We'll see there is obviously more gold to mine here.

OD

10-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Well I started reading the series now,OD says
I'm definite Day Watch Material:cool:

M

This night...I feel your breath
This night...I hear your voice!!
When you walk my dark path, love like a bloodbath
02-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Sorry for not answering earlier, no prob OD, I'm always happy to share the great stuff on which I might get my hands. I didn't came back to this thread mainly when I read :

Quote:They killed Tiger Cub(the Bastards)\\
(and a few others)

I was still reading the nightwatch when you posted that and I just did not wanted any more spoilers :P (No offense taken). I'm halfway throught the last watch and I must say my original position toward the serie still stands :

IT IS AWESOME !

I'm just sad I'm almost finished... Tried to keep it last for the longer I could but I'm getting to an end. What will I read next ?

My girlfriend wants me to read Dresden Files, one of her favorite serie, I think I'll get on that.

P.S. I won't come reading this thread until I finish the last watch :P.

"Man, I like these zombies better when they got clothes on. That an ex-girlfriend of yours, Nick?"
02-04-2010, 03:42 PM
I just picked up Books 1-3 (boxed set) of Dresden. I loved the show. I haven't gotten to them yet. After I'm done reading Mary Gentle's Grunts! (great book), and a non-fiction in between.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Lambertar Wrote:Sorry for not answering earlier, no prob OD, I'm always happy to share the great stuff on which I might get my hands. I didn't came back to this thread mainly when I read :

Quote:They killed Tiger Cub(the Bastards)\\
(and a few others)

I was still reading the nightwatch when you posted that and I just did not wanted any more spoilers :P (No offense taken). I'm halfway throught the last watch and I must say my original position toward the serie still stands :

IT IS AWESOME !

I'm just sad I'm almost finished... Tried to keep it last for the longer I could but I'm getting to an end. What will I read next ?

My girlfriend wants me to read Dresden Files, one of her favorite serie, I think I'll get on that.

P.S. I won't come reading this thread until I finish the last watch :P.

:shy: Sorry I never thought about it being a spoiler:rolleyes:

OD

02-08-2010, 02:55 PM
No problem Watchmen02, got no grudge against you Watchmen02. In the end it wasn't that epic of a moment and Others had to die at one point or an other when we think about it. It's just that at the moment at wasn't ready for it :P.

"Man, I like these zombies better when they got clothes on. That an ex-girlfriend of yours, Nick?"
04-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Lambertar Wrote:I just went to Montreal some weeks ago with my girlfriend (Montreal is like the biggest place to find english stuff in Quebec since Quebec is a french state for those of you that wouldn't know (I'm not making any assuptions Watchmen02 it's just that most people knows Canada but not everyone knows the difference between each and every state as I don't know the difference between every states in the united-states Watchmen02

Wait a minute I'm Canadian born and bred from the west and I'm a little confused here you guys in eastern canada refer to your Provinces as States???
I have always referred to each Canadian land division as a PROVINCE not a state.That's not Canadian at all.
Unless the land in Canada is a territory then I call it a territory and not a province but other wise it's know as a province.
You'll confuse our southern neighbors.

Yes,I can agree with you night watch is indeed very cool in print and on film.
04-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Hahahaha, you're right fallen, we indeed refer to our provinces as provinces and not as states. Maybe I wrote that just a little too quickly :P. So Quebec is a french province :P.

Just as a side note I finished the final watch and I personally think that the epilogue was okay and not too cheesy Watchmen02. But I'm I the only one to think that the traduction of the last book was kind of less well done ? ... I don't know it had a different feeling to it, not that it was bad or anything, it was as great as the other