Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The ONLY thing I can't seem to explain thematically...
07-10-2012, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 06:33 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
RE: The ONLY thing I can't seem to explain thematically...
(07-09-2012 10:07 PM)EvilNed Wrote:  
(07-08-2012 01:40 PM)victor.w Wrote:  I stand corrected. Is "Return of the Living Dead" the one that George Romero's production partner made?

Yes and No. John A. Russo, who co-wrote Night of the Living Dead with George A. Romero, wrote the original story for Return of the Living Dead, essentially following up on the events of Night of the Living Dead.

The script was handed to Dan O'Bannon (who had never worked with Romero before) and he was asked to direct. He read the script and didn't like it much, so he essentially rewrote everything. As the zombie genre had by then been established as the genre it is today, he instead made a film which turned most of the things that had been established about zombies on it's head. For instance, they run, talk and eat brains rather than lumber, moan and eat just about anything.

That's the kind of Zombie I find most scary - a relentless tide who feel no pain. Facing that alone (see first episode of The Walking Dead) must be anyone's worst nightmare!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: The ONLY thing I can't seem to explain thematically...
(07-10-2012 06:33 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  That's the kind of Zombie I find most scary - a relentless tide who feel no pain. Facing that alone (see first episode of The Walking Dead) must be anyone's worst nightmare!

True. Unless you have been training for that special day and you're just dying for some exercise Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply