Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Reaper and the Siren - Game Updates
10-29-2012, 05:35 PM
The Reaper and the Siren - Game Updates
This weekend I finally broke out the Coast and both HPs for my Halloween game night.

At random we pulled the Reaper. Oh man, I don't think we ever had such a bad game. First of all, we pulled Argot Blackwell and Harlow Morgan (at random). Both were completely useless against the Reaper and his minions. We were constantly ko'd by them, the withering wounds, and the hauntings that appeared across the board. At least with Harlow, I was getting investigation, but man, by the time the darkness meter reached the 3/4 mark, we had little to no investigation and no items or allies. The game ended with a mass march to town hall. We rolled on the coop chart the March of Darkness like result. Then, we pulled a card (forgot which one) that told each player to flip a mystery card, and both of us pulled March of Darkness (bad shuffling?). So within 2 rounds 4 minions hit town hall ending the game.

Second game with my son, the Siren. That was awesome. He was Argot (self chosen) I was Abigail. We only played with Shadowbrook and the Coast as we wanted a shorter game. I loved the whole march to the icy waters. It was awesome, however we didn't have many cases when there were militia or elders on the board, but the concept was really cool.

At once, my son gets the cutlass from the abandoned keep and then gets both the ferryman and the hound (forgot his name) that gives investigation for low movement rolls. So he was butchering through the harpies like no ones business. I think his final combat against them was 10 fight dice, 4 core, +2 against beasts (ability), 1 from the cutlass, one from the ferryman, and he got the rifle from town hall. I ended up with both books from town hall, and got myself some cunning from the magistrate's office. So I think I was at 8 fight dice.

The final showdown was spectacular. First round I laid out two event cards on my son which gave him +2 fight dice for the round and the ability to add cunning to fight dice. He was at 15 fight dice against the siren, plus he got the card which allowed for 1's to hit (even thought he was hit too). He wiped out almost half of her wounds in one round, and came out totally clean (with the help of some handy event cards). My round I hit twice but took 2 wounds. Next round, he again brutalize the siren, bringing her to 3 wounds left. I unfortunately only did one hit, but rolled 4 ones. Hitting myself in every one (ran out of investigation). So Abigail was pushing up daisies. Argot, then in the third round easily smited the Siren with only 1 wound left. The battle was awesome. We heavily relied on event cards that we saved along the way, but they made all the difference.

All in all, awesome fun. I am thinking of breaking out the game again to pass the time during this hurricane.

Everyone on the east cost of the U.S. and Canada be safe and good luck!

W.J.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply