Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Recluse and the Runaway - a novella - Free Weekend is Over Again
04-29-2014, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2014 04:19 PM by Irish Daigle.)
The Recluse and the Runaway - a novella - Free Weekend is Over Again
Edit August 22, 2014: The free promotion has ended once again, hope you got it if you missed it last time! Not sure when the next free promotion will be.

The Recluse and the Runaway

Our own BigDumbYak gave it the thumbs up and a nice review, so check 'er out if you like free stuff and want to see what I write.

Hey all, I launched a new novella on Amazon Kindle and thought I'd give you all a heads up because it's free for the next few days. It's not zombie or horror reading, or supernatural at all, but I thought some of you may have an interest in free reading all the same.

If anyone snags it, I hope you enjoy it! =)

Panning For Clouds - A Writer's Blog containing short stories and writing advice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 11:49 PM
The Recluse and the Runaway - a novella
I'm only a few pages in but already my mind is asking me 'what's the deal with Alice?' 'Why is she such a recluse?' 'What is this prescription she needs?'

Great character building so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
05-03-2014, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 01:36 PM by Irish Daigle.)
RE: The Recluse and the Runaway - a novella
Thanks for your interest, Yak! The response has been overwhelmingly positive from a great number of people during this free promotion, and I'm pretty sure more people have read this one than either of my novels just on account of being shorter and free.

Which, BTW, this is the last day to snag it for free, so if anyone hasn't grabbed it yet, might wanna do so now. =)

Panning For Clouds - A Writer's Blog containing short stories and writing advice.
05-23-2014, 04:08 AM
The Recluse and the Runaway - a novella - Free Promotion Ended =(
Ok, so I finished reading The Recluse and the Runaway tonight and I have to say that I really really enjoyed it. Your characters were so believable, and even though there were no aliens/zombies/monsters I think that everyone here should check it out.

Great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
05-23-2014, 03:46 PM
RE: The Recluse and the Runaway - a novella - Free Promotion Ended =(
(05-23-2014 04:08 AM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Ok, so I finished reading The Recluse and the Runaway tonight and I have to say that I really really enjoyed it. Your characters were so believable, and even though there were no aliens/zombies/monsters I think that everyone here should check it out.

Great work!

Oh, hey! Very much appreciated! This was one of those stories that really just took something out of me while I was writing and every time someone appreciates it I feel like I gain a little of whatever it was that I lost. Again, thanks for giving a self-published author a chance and I'm really glad you enjoyed it. Watchmen02

05-23-2014, 06:26 PM
I wish you all the best. Unfortunately I didn't get around to reading it, much as I would have liked to. I hope it does well.
05-23-2014, 09:37 PM
As far as self-published stuff goes, I got a lot of exposure by offering it for free, but that also tanked a lot of my regular sales. I was never intent on making money with this one (or probably any future novella), as the exposure from offering free books is often far more valuable in the long term than just hoping for word of mouth on a book by an author no one has ever heard of. One of the things I like to do is have a lot of free reading material for people to enjoy, and then if they like it they can buy my other stories with a lot more confidence that the money they're spending is not going to be wasted on bad writing. I do this because I appreciate when other content creators also do this, and it's a good practical model when you don't have advertising dollars to get your brand/book/movie/game/whatever out there.

As far as missing out on the free promotion, there will likely be another one around the bend (Amazon deals like this are able to be set quarterly), so who knows, there might be another free promotion period down the pipeline in a couple months. Zombie03

05-24-2014, 11:46 AM
I will keep a look out and not miss the next one. Keep us posted. I'd like to give you some feedback (for what it's worthZombie20) as I studied creative writing for my english degree.
05-24-2014, 04:01 PM
Hey trev, The Recluse and the Runaway is currently only $1USD on Amazon
http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?ur...%20Runaway
08-22-2014, 02:04 PM
RE: The Recluse and the Runaway - a novella - Free Weekend is Back!
It's free again this weekend! Today through Sunday.

If you missed it last time, now's the time to get it. If you're from somewhere outside the US, check your country's store for The Recluse and the Runaway, because it's available in several countries for free!