Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Samurai visits one of Britain's biggest game's day's HAMMERHEAD at Kelham Hall.
02-18-2011, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2011 12:27 PM by samuraitrev.)
The Samurai visits one of Britain's biggest game's day's HAMMERHEAD at Kelham Hall.
Ahhh there's nothing like the excitement of going to the yearly games day.

Based in Kelham hall it's in Nottinghamshire in the centre of England. In an centuries old hall.

[attachment=280

Here you can see some games in progress

It was the biggest in it's history with 35 traders. Mainly traders selling stuff by lots of different miniature companies. The big companies of interest to me were Hasslefree Miniatures and Heresy miniatures. Kallistra and Westwind Productions. More on them later. There were some scenery stalls too. There were also 33 games being played some looked amazing. One of which was called Marshland Zombie RacingZombie23 Unfortunatly I didn't have time to play it because I was accompanied. There was an War of the Worlds game going on too with fantastic looking Alien robot walking things towering over the doomed English countryside. There was a huge LOTR game going on and lots more! Last time (2009) there was a huge zombie game called Rise of the undead I believe. Unfortunatly absent. Just look at that cityscape scratch built board. http://picasaweb.google.com/Yithdit/Hamm...3862975858

I bought a zombie game called 'No More Room in Hell'

It's a tabletop game survivors vs zombies. I've had a quick scan of it and it looks great more of a zombie RPG with your heroes leveling up a bit like necromunda I imagine but I haven't played it yet. When I have I will post a review of it. Here's an example of the great humour in the book it's a character drawback. Delicious 'No one knows what it is pheromones maybe, the aftershave this survivor is using, or the daily bacon grease rub downs, whatever it is, Zombies are more attracted to this survivor.' Then some rules follow. Your survivors are called Shot Callers (leaders) Back ups (decent guys) and Sheeple (zombie snacks on legs). Looks really good fun. I checked on BGG but there's now reviews yet so I might put one up there too!

I bought a really bloated zombie I have never seen before. Which looks cool I will post you a pic soon.

The best part of my day was at the Hasslefree Miniatures stall. I met Kev who is the sculpter and owner for Hasslefree and had a chat with him. I told him the miniatures he had for sale were the best on offer. He was very polite and engaging and seemed humble and gracious when I told him of the quality of his work.

I asked him about TZG and he knew all about us! We're basically world famous guysWatchmen02
Ok now the money part I bought Ashlee/zombie, Ray/zombie, Suzi/zombie, Oakley(Ash), Eve(L.Croft), Sadie(Buff), Hazel(Wil), William(Spyke). I also got an inside scoop shhh.. he's also making a certain librarian figure if you know what I mean... Should be out in under a month. Because I spent over £30 he said I could have a free zombie so I picked up a zombie with a shark bitten surf board.

I wandered off and bought some scenery a large hill strewn with boulders for a giveaway £15 and bought a large brood of fantastically painted genesteelers for my Spacehulk 1st edition game. I also bought two zombie painted survivors I have never seen before.

After much spending I needed food and a beer to wash it down. A pint of ale and fish n' chips. I took my eyes away for a second and sheathed my katana only to have my wife and 3 month old son attacked by a Darlek! Luckily The Doctor came to her rescue whilst I heroically finished my beer.

All in all a fantastic day if you want to see the models I bought check out http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/ra...ange_id=33
Can't wait until next year. Maybe I'll have my figs painted by then.

Comments/Questions always welcomeWatchmen02

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2011, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2011 05:31 PM by vikinglad.)
RE: The Samurai visits one of Britain's biggest game's day's HAMMERHEAD at Kelham Hall.
That hall is a pretty epic looking venue for that convention. How cool.

I can't wait to hear what you think about No More Room in Hell. This is the first I heard of it; I am interested in the RPG elements, and the sense of humor sounds up my alley. The box looks pretty rad. Does it have minis to paint? ...sheeple, ha!

That is neat that you met the hasslefree guy, and he turned out to be really cool. You seem to be a pretty big fan of their stuff. Is that you on the left in that pic? Where is the boss stache?
02-18-2011, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2011 01:52 AM by samuraitrev.)
RE: The Samurai visits one of Britain's biggest game's day's HAMMERHEAD at Kelham Hall.
(02-18-2011 05:30 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  That hall is a pretty epic looking venue for that convention. How cool.

I can't wait to hear what you think about No More Room in Hell. This is the first I heard of it; I am interested in the RPG elements, and the sense of humor sounds up my alley. The box looks pretty rad. Does it have minis to paint? ...sheeple, ha!

That is neat that you met the hasslefree guy, and he turned out to be really cool. You seem to be a pretty big fan of their stuff. Is that you on the left in that pic? Where is the boss stache?

Hi Viking it doesn't have minis thankfully! I've got loads as it is. I've still got loads of zombies from Cold War Miniatures to paint. The pic is just the cover of the rule book. It cost me £15. I'm really looking forward to gaming with it.

Yes that's me bro. I ditched the tache as a necessity because I kept getting swarmed by total babes Zombie03

Glad you liked the articleWatchmen02
Here's the bloater zombie. I'm looking forward to painting his putrid innards spilling out Zombie15

I've also included a pic of the other stuff I bought. The hill, two survivors and the painted stealers. I thought I'd take pics from both angles.

Don't fancy the two guys chances!
02-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Cool review Trev. What a cool thing to meet the person responsible for the figures you fancy the most.
Excellent! Looking forward on seeing them painted Zombie03
Now go and trade in your katana for a paintbrush and get to it! hehehe

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Saved by the Sonic Screw Driver!

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
02-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Great thread man, that place looks like a blast.
glad to see the hassle free guys are cool and my moneys going to good people.

i still havent made it to a gaming convention but i hope to this summer.
thanks for the thread.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
02-19-2011, 12:24 AM
Holy crap!

Coolest place to play a boardgame... EVER!

Just say NO to 'house rules'.
02-19-2011, 04:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2011 04:14 AM by deadrabbit.)
(02-19-2011 12:24 AM)Ryuk Wrote:  Holy crap!

Coolest place to play a boardgame... EVER!

Ryuk, gota be one of the highest reputations with that low of a post count, nice work. love you man, id loved to see you post more.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
02-19-2011, 04:19 AM
No more room in Hell... I've heard that someplace other than this boardgame. Is it a Movie? Book? Video game? This is gunna drive me nuts.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-19-2011, 04:38 AM
(02-19-2011 04:19 AM)D153453D Wrote:  No more room in Hell... I've heard that someplace other than this boardgame. Is it a Movie? Book? Video game? This is gunna drive me nuts.

"When there is no more room in Hell... Then the Dead shall walk the earth..." - George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead

Also in the Song "Dawn of the Dead" by The Murderdolls

And a million other zombie related things these days.

Watchmen02