Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Secret World
12-21-2012, 12:26 PM
The Secret World
Okay, so I am an avid gamer of all sorts. MMOs, aspiring board gamer, card games, RPGs, FPSs, computer/consoles, and the occasional LARP (not like Role Models).

Today I'm bringing the info about Funcom's MMO 'The Secret World.'

I'm still very low 'level' in this game, but it by far has one of the best stories in any MMO I've seen and also one of the creepiest soundtracks to fit the theme. The game seems to be highly inspired by Lovecraftian horror and is about the secret societies engaged in a secret war against the horrors that common people don't seem to realize. While there are 3 factions (Illuminati, Templars, and Dragon), you can play with whomever you wish on whatever server you want. There are no levels, instead you earn skill points and ability points and eventually you will max out both and it will be a test of player skill over character power. There are no classes, and even the traditional roles are up in the air. By choosing 2 different weapon types you are able to create a build that suits your play style.

The best part of the game actually just happened, and that is the fact that the game went Free-to-Play. You still have to purchase a license, but after that you do not have to drop another penny if you don't want to. Funcom has 3 sorts of revenue for the game though. The first is the purchase of in-game outfits and items. Which reminds me that you don't have to go equipment hunting, no matter what you have equipped you look the same. The second source of revenue is upcoming DLC for new maps, missions, etc. And the 3rd is a subscription option that has additional benefits, including some of the money being able to be used for the first 2 options.

For an epic fan-made trailer, watch this video.

If you are reading this you are already too late...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply