Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Walking Dead: Assault
02-17-2013, 06:34 AM
The Walking Dead: Assault
I searched for a thread on this, and didn't find one, so I thought I'd put in my two cents. Definitely worth $.99 (at least that's what I paid -- I think it was briefly $2.99, but it's $.99 right now).

I bought the game when it first launched. Since then there has been a couple of patches -- users recommended a double-tap for squad movement, and that really boosts the UI.

I found the game very entertaining. The story is virtually non-existent, and other than using characters and some locations from the comic, there really isn't much that ties this to the Walking Dead universe.

I play this on an iPad, but have yet to try it on my iPhone (I expect that you'd have to zoom in and out a lot).

You have the option of buying in-game currency ("supplies"), which is used to unlock characters and various upgrades. I did not make any in-app purchases. I completed the first episode (11 levels, on easy), and had enough to unlock all the characters, and fully upgrade 2 of the 4 stat categories. When an update came out with Michonne (for free), I played a few more levels to collect enough "supplies" to unlock her character.

The characters you can pick from are very different. They all have unique special attacks, and modify the entire team (of 4) in different ways.

The level designs aren't that varied, but there's at least different objectives that can mix it up.

I like how the developers support the game: they listened to user input and tweaked the controls, and then added a very popular character for free.

There's at least two more content updates on the horizon. As long as they're reasonably priced, I will be buying these as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 08:12 AM
RE: The Walking Dead: Assault
its pretty solid.. worth the money
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply