Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Walking Dead Episode 1
04-27-2012, 02:31 AM
The Walking Dead Episode 1
Is anyone playing The Walking Dead Game? It's pretty damn entertaining. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but the story is awesome so far. It's an old school style point and click adventure game. Also, its episodic, episode 1 is out now on pretty much all platforms, PC, MAC, PS3 (XBLA tomorrow). Anyway if you are a fan of the comic I highly recommend it! It's got a very unique art style and is pretty intense at times.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2012, 09:28 AM
RE: The Walking Dead Episode 1
I saw this the other day, purchased it on a whim and thought it was amazing. Long after I should have gone to bed I was up playing this through twice.

I think it's Telltale's best game so far. Everyone should go buy it now Watchmen02
04-27-2012, 01:11 PM
How linear is it? Is there replay value?
04-27-2012, 07:21 PM
(04-27-2012 09:28 AM)Thraxas Wrote:  I saw this the other day, purchased it on a whim and thought it was amazing. Long after I should have gone to bed I was up playing this through twice.

I think it's Telltale's best game so far. Everyone should go buy it now Watchmen02

This is the exact experience I have had. I've played through 4 times now lol I'm a sucker for branching story details!!
04-28-2012, 01:12 AM
(04-27-2012 01:11 PM)Masterofmayhem Wrote:  How linear is it? Is there replay value?

It's definitely a linear story. There's no free roam here. However, there are decisions that you make which affect how people treat you and who lives or dies. This in turn will affect things that happen in episode 2 and beyond. I've replayed it so I could see how the decisions changed the story. You'll still go from point a to point b but from the looks of the 'next time on...' video these decisions will have a big impact on the future of the game.

I really got into the whole game, I've enjoyed it far more than any other video game I've played recently. I also like episodic gaming. The episodes are long enough that I enjoy them and then you get the excitement building up to the next installment.
05-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Download only I'm guessing...
How much is PSN charging for it?
05-02-2012, 01:00 AM
PSN is $5 per episode or $19.99 to pre-order all 5 episodes and get a premium theme
05-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Cool.
Also, after seeing this I looked around on the IGN boards and saw a guy saying you can't invert the Y axiz on this game?
He was on Xbox though, does anyone know if it's true for PS3 as well?

I'm so used to inversion that it's real tough for me to switch. Too many flight games as a young lad I guess. Watchmen02
05-03-2012, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 07:26 AM by Thraxas.)
From the uproar at the forums I think it's on all version. I can only play with inverted controls on flying games so I was ok, but I know that for some people it's a real dealbreaker.
05-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah I downloaded the demo last night, and no inversion on it for PS3.
Certainly makes the game harder for me to play. Still considering getting it though, as it's a pretty simple game.