Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
03-22-2013, 06:45 PM
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Hey guys, I was just curious if any of you have tried this game yet, It just came out this past Tuesday, the 19th. I know it's getting a lot of really bad reviews, however, I've been enjoying it quite a bit. The graphics are a tad dated but not terrible in my opinion. I feel like it's getting the same flack that Zombi-U was getting, because it's not a run and gun shooter but a first person survival game. There is limited ammo and resources and stealth play is a must. Not to mention you play as Daryl Dixon, just days after the outbreak began. Anyway, I just wanted to hear others thoughts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
I picked it up on release day knowing it was going to be bad as all hell. first thing i was shocked about was the graphics, usually i don't care about graphics, but the game looks so old. the combat isn't as good as i hoped it would be, much much too simple and the overall game is like meh, pretty average but since it's walking dead themed and has zombies i'll still finish it.
03-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Its at the top of my Gamefly Q so I should have the game relatively soon, I'm not expecting anything out of it because its a rushed money maker that they had to push out before the end of season 3 of the television show.

I watched IGN do a 2 hour live demo of it and it looked okay, as many have stated elsewhere the graphics are mediocre at best especially the character models (scenery is a little bit better). The game play seems fun. However it looks like there's lots of invisible walls holding you back from places it looks like you should be able to go and as far as I could tell there wasn't much "walking dead" about it besides Michael Rooker and Norman Reedus' voice acting.

Either way I'll still play through the whole thing and enjoy it because its a zombie game (oh how I lower my standards on things for the love of zombie culture) but if you really want a good story and depth to your characters I suggest the walking dead by telltale games. That game had one of the most emotional endings I've ever seen in gaming!

I'll report back when I get my hands on a copy of twds

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
03-28-2013, 01:16 AM
anyone know where to get the pc version?

i tried gamestop and walmart but nada?
03-28-2013, 01:47 AM
Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
I would think you could get it on steam

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
03-29-2013, 11:31 PM
I have not played it yet. I had intended to pick it upon the 19th, but early reviews/previews convinced me to hold off a bit. The zombie A.I is pretty inconsistent, judging by a video I saw on YouTube. I will get it eventually.
03-30-2013, 01:38 AM
my steam account is acting weird.

I can play LFD/2 but I can't otherwise interact on steam. can't get them to do anything about it either.. been like this for months. I can still play all the games in my library.. so have just been letting it set... i'm ot a computer person for fixing that sort of thing...
05-12-2013, 01:23 AM
anyone seen in stores for pc yet?

website seems to indicate a boxed set for pc??
05-13-2013, 03:04 PM
You can download it on Amazon here
05-13-2013, 03:27 PM
anyone know if it requires steam to play?

after steam went thru that upgrade recently. mine won't work Insane19

havn't had time to try a re-install yet..