Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The fabulous artwork in LNOE
07-07-2008, 10:46 AM
The fabulous artwork in LNOE
I was just looking at the awesome pictures in LNOE. So I started wondering how they made them. Obviously they are pictures of the real persons in their characterroll. I supose they altered them using Photoshop. Does anyone has any idea how they did it? I just love that style and would love to learn how to do it so I can use it on personal pictures.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2008, 02:14 PM
RE: The fabulous artwork in LNOE
I THINK that they use the Watercolor filter. That seems to be about it.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
07-07-2008, 05:15 PM
I think its over to energizercoony for the low down as he has had the LNoE treatment himself!! Watchmen02 Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2008, 12:20 AM
I agree..the artwork really helps 'sell' the game. It is really got that 'b-movie' feel. Had they used just drawn art, I don't think the same impact would have been felt. Good choice!
07-08-2008, 04:34 AM
I agree as well. Had they not given it that look I don't think it would have come off as strong. The art direction was top notch for this and they captured the feel of the B-movie zombie flick to a tee!

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
07-14-2008, 01:53 AM
Great artwork indeed! Love the game :cool:
07-14-2008, 07:55 AM
zombie67 Wrote:I think its over to energizercoony for the low down as he has had the LNoE treatment himself!! Watchmen02 Watchmen02

Well then, I kinda know a little bit, not being an artist or photographer my self.

The Art in last night on Earth, and A Touch of Evil in fact was directed by Scott Hill, a wildly talented artist. Both in painting and photography. In fact you might find some of his art in the short lived Battletech CCG. Jasons too in fact.

Scott filmed all the art with a fancy pantsy digital camera. Not all of the effects you see are from photoshop. Take my Uuuurrggghh card for example. That was real make up. If you go to my page on myspace at http://myspace.com/energizercoony
then you will see a few undoctered as it were photos of me and others. Including a super secret photo of the redneck zombies lol.

Scott then did work on the photos digitally to add a few things. I have no idea what programs he used.
07-14-2008, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2008 04:10 PM by Sarku.)
Quite a few good pics there! I especially love the dog picture. That's hilarious.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
07-15-2008, 08:08 PM
I also agree on the artwork that helps selling the game. Very nice done. If I find some time, I would like to make such a pic and try to get the effect in PS. Maybe in the boring days to come, emp?
07-15-2008, 08:55 PM
If you need a model...I'm your man Watchmen02

(Ken just graduated from nightschool as a photographer, for those who might wonder what the hell he is talking about)

I am the reason God stopped watching.