Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The ideas keep coming
05-01-2014, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 08:40 PM by Fizzgaz.)
The ideas keep coming

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 09:37 PM
RE: The ideas keep coming
Excellent! Keep them coming. Especially like Don't Open That Door! and Thick Fog.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
05-01-2014, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 11:05 PM by samuraitrev.)
Don't Open That Door is great (apart from the typo immediately, sorry spelling policeZombie20). Maybe write 'If there are no Heroes within a building, or no Zombies in your Zombie Pool, discard this card with no effect'.

Blood Rage Awesome picture but I don't get it. The Zombies will have to move into the Heroes space during the Move Zombies Phase anyway.

Drawn To Noise Wonderful card. Can the Remains in Play be in a Grey Box?

Thick Fog Fantastic and atmospheric. Remains in Play again?

Please don't think I'm nitpicking. I think it's really cool how you and many others keep adding to our Zombie friendly community. I just think these cards need slight tweaks to make them even more awesomeZombie17

Make sure these babies (and all your other creations) get sent to the download section. So they are preserved in all their glory and don't get lost in the threads of yesteryear...
05-02-2014, 12:23 AM
Awsome work Fizzgaz!

Dont open the door is great, but what if there are no heroes in buildings?

Is the movement from Blood Rage in addition to normal movement? Could be awesome combined with 'increased zombie hand ' and a mittfull of Shambles!

Drawn to noise makes so much sense that im shocked it wasnt in the base game. Watchmen02

Does Thick Fog mean 1 less die or -1 to Movement Rolls?

Youre turning out some quality cards, keep that up!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk
05-02-2014, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 07:47 AM by Fizzgaz.)
Cheers for feedback. Will adjust slightly.

Blood rage is supposed to be in addition to movement. So if you are one away adds extra movement.
Thick fog is -1 to movement
Will add if no heroes in buildings place a zombie behind any door in a building
05-02-2014, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 10:29 AM by UK_zombie.)
(05-02-2014 12:23 AM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Dont open the door is great, but what if there are no heroes in buildings?

Hmmm. I would reverse the effect, IE If it is played on a building that is empty put zombies on the inside facing the doors waiting for a player to come in. Zombie01

FYI think it is a really good card Fizz.
05-02-2014, 11:18 AM
That's what I have added.will post updated versions soon
05-02-2014, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 02:09 PM by sgiove.)
(05-01-2014 11:01 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Blood Rage Awesome picture but I don't get it. The Zombies will have to move into the Heroes space during the Move Zombies Phase anyway.

Trev, keep in mind that this card doesn't seem to have any timing restrictions so I'm assuming it can be used AFTER the normal zombie movement phase to give zombies that end up a space adjacent to a hero an extra space of movement. This would give the zombie player a chance to move some zombies 2 spaces before the hero player can react. That's how I would elect to use it anyway.
05-02-2014, 02:14 PM
That is how it was intended, I am in the process of updating to read use after movement
05-02-2014, 02:33 PM
For the DRAWN TO NOISE card, I think it might be more beneficial to a zombie player to not have this as a Remains in Play card but more like a reaction card when someone uses a gun (like Resilience).

If players know in advance what the ramifications of their actions will be, they will actively do their best to plan around it. Like Resilience, I could see multiple copies of this card in a zombie deck and use it to catch a hero by surprise when they fire a gun ("Whoops, I didn't think this through. That shot sure did make a lot of noise.")

In fairness, I think I would assign a die role to each zombie in range to see if they move as not all zombies will always react to noise (like all zombies within 3 spaces of the hero may move 1 space toward that hero on a d6 roll of 4+)

I have been thinking of a similar card for awhile because I wanted to add a small element of gunfire noise and zombie reaction to my game as well (and allow custom weapon cards like Crossbow and other "silent" ranged weapons to not be affected) without making it a staunch rule (only come up at a few random times in a game).

While I'm thinking of it, I think the "matching hero card" to this would be CAUSE DISTRACTION or MAKE NOISE. This would purposely be used by a hero player to attempt to attract zombies in range toward them on a similar die roll. The strategy to this would be to maybe counter zombie hunger during the zombie move turn (try to get the zombie to come toward you instead of into the space of a friend that is down to their last wound). That's just one instance. It could be used whenever. Again, this wouldn't always work. Maybe have a similar chance of a 4+ roll for those within the affected area.