Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The web scenarios
09-01-2008, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2008 02:03 PM by theconcerned.)
The web scenarios
Hi,

I haven't noticed any threads here about the web scenarios "We've Got to go Back" and "All Hallows Eve." I've played both and I'd like to hear your opinion of them . . . especially now that we know Jason is listening.

Personally, the two web scenarios are two of my favorite for the entire game. The "We've Got to go Back" scenario is essentially a continuation of the "Escape in the Truck" scenario: now that you've made it out, you find out there's some chemicals in the town that a scientist has been developing . . . chemicals that may get rid of the zombies. It's your job to find them. I've played it as part of a two-scenario campaign (Escape in the Truck, then directly to this one using the same characters and cards already in-hand) and it was a blast. Won the first, and lost the second by millimeters.

"All Hallowe Eve" is fun too. I'm pretty sure the Heroes won that one . . . barely.

I'm opening up this thread to general discussion of the web scenarios. Have you played them? What do you think? Do you want MORE (Jason, you reading)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2008, 04:48 PM
RE: The web scenarios
Well, of course we'll get more when the Scenario Book comes out. September was a possibility last I heard...
09-01-2008, 10:56 PM
[quote=Beorndog]
Well, of course we'll get more when the Scenario Book comes out. September was a possibility last I heard...
[/quote

scenario book? what. whens that comeing out . what is it?
09-01-2008, 11:51 PM
deadrabbit Wrote:[quote=Beorndog]
[/quote

It will be a book with different scenario's in it I would imagine. Hence being a Scenario Book. :P

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
09-02-2008, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2008 03:48 AM by deadrabbit.)
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:
deadrabbit Wrote:[quote=Beorndog]
[/quote

It will be a book with different scenario's in it I would imagine. Hence being a Scenario Book. :P

when i said what is it i kinda meant in detail what is it? when i think of it the first thing that come to mind was kinda a roleplaying book adding a funner long lasting roleplaying awesome aspect to the game.
09-02-2008, 12:07 AM
First I have heard of this as well so I would assume that these are either single scenarios or made to do just that and be run as a larger campaign. Probably give some great idears on how to use some of the extra pieces found within as well.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
09-02-2008, 12:15 AM
There's only been brief mention of it in podcasts featuring interviews with Jason so I can't provide any details. I sort of remember hearing it might come out in September but I don't remember where I heard it and it may only be some ones guess.
09-02-2008, 03:47 AM
souds cool. hopefully it brings a more story to the game and the characters and more longer lasting scenarios. it would rule if it came with more board pieces and cards.
09-02-2008, 03:57 AM
A Scenario book would be very welcomed! Choices make the game fun, and always different.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2008, 05:02 AM
Yes, there has been talk of the scenario book for a while now . . . along with the official FAQ and the reprint of the boards. Also, web support in the form of web-scenarios were supposed to be more of a regular thing. Well, the board reprint is available soon, but the scenario book and FAQ have been, I suspect, placed on the back burner due to ATOE.

ATOE even had its first expansion being sold at Gencon -- it's the equivalent to the "Stock Up" scenario. I think that it's a bit unfortunate that LNOE is getting much less attention from the producers . . . and they're already working on their third game (the martian one). I realize that they're a small company, but maybe then they shouldn't be producing new games at such a pace if they can't keep up. I don't know.

Anyway, I do really like the two released web-scenarios . . . no one has said yet if they've tried them. If you don't know where they are, the link is:

http://www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonearth/

under "Web Content."