Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The web scenarios
09-02-2008, 02:21 PM
RE: The web scenarios
I printed both on card stock to keep in my box, but we haven't played them yet. The last few times my group has got together we palyed ATOE.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Thats the problem with so many good games!! Hard to stay focused!
09-02-2008, 03:46 PM
mqstout Wrote:I printed both on card stock to keep in my box, but we haven't played them yet. The last few times my group has got together we palyed ATOE.

Yeah, I printed mine on cardstock too . . . they really present very nicely.
Find all posts by this user
09-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Okay, I found the thread on the Geek re. the Scenario book and release date.
Here is the quote from Jason:

"All I can tell you about right now is that the first boxed expansion for LNOE, Growing Hunger, should be in stores by early March. Also, we have a Scenerio/Companion Book for LNOE that is scheduled for a Fall release. You will start seeing more structured 'tools' for Scenario editing appear in Growing Hunger and the Scenario Book."
09-03-2008, 04:47 AM
Beorndog Wrote:Okay, I found the thread on the Geek re. the Scenario book and release date.
Here is the quote from Jason:

"All I can tell you about right now is that the first boxed expansion for LNOE, Growing Hunger, should be in stores by early March. Also, we have a Scenerio/Companion Book for LNOE that is scheduled for a Fall release. You will start seeing more structured 'tools' for Scenario editing appear in Growing Hunger and the Scenario Book."

Should be coming out soon then . . .
09-04-2008, 12:48 AM
While I am all for new games coming out by new companies I would agree that getting back to creating new material and box sets for LNOE would have been the focus. From the sounds of things more folks are enjoying the LNOE releases more so than ATOE (which I wait with anticipation to play).

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
09-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:While I am all for new games coming out by new companies I would agree that getting back to creating new material and box sets for LNOE would have been the focus. From the sounds of things more folks are enjoying the LNOE releases more so than ATOE (which I wait with anticipation to play).

I agree -- it almost seems that they need more employees or something, they just seem a little stretched too thin. Of course, I have no idea how viable that is for a small company. I'd just hate to see their original games get less support in the name of expanding the business.
09-05-2008, 01:47 PM
It seems to me they've a whole bevy of 'work for free' gamers who'd like nothing more than to assist on a project like that. Just assign one person from FFG to be the editor, have a few folks sign a 'non-disclosure agreement' and let them at it.
09-06-2008, 12:47 AM
supervike Wrote:It seems to me they've a whole bevy of 'work for free' gamers who'd like nothing more than to assist on a project like that. Just assign one person from FFG to be the editor, have a few folks sign a 'non-disclosure agreement' and let them at it.

I totally, totally agree.
09-07-2008, 01:32 AM
supervike Wrote:It seems to me they've a whole bevy of 'work for free' gamers who'd like nothing more than to assist on a project like that. Just assign one person from FFG to be the editor, have a few folks sign a 'non-disclosure agreement' and let them at it.

To expand on that, I've been thinking that Jason could have sone kind of event where people submit their own scenarios to be "officially" published. Jason would keep full creative authority, but there could be a fan-section in the scenario book with something like, "'The Meteorite,' a scenario by Jason Hill, original idea by (your name)." Jason could have real artwork done up and possibly a new card done up with new punch-outs. People who get a scenario done could get a free copy of the book or something . . .