Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
There are no good zombie board games?
01-29-2016, 05:32 PM
RE: There are no good zombie board games?
Three are three games among those mentioned which I really find awesome.

LNOE. No need to comment on this one. Just I’ll say, this is the one game you feel the pressure of Zombies coming, and you really can get scenes from a niche B movie, with heroes trying to be cool and miserably failing to retain Zombies. My favourite no doubt.

City of Horror. This is a purely psychological game, interactions between players are all in it. This is slightly cooperative, but mainly do whatever possible to save your own skin, which frequently requires betrayal and lying. The Zombies here are a scenario thing, but not super important in the game. I mean, all that happens is that heroes try to move around, get what they need, and then choose who’s gonna be eliminated from each location. So the idea is very similar to the people you’ll be saving to survive in an island.

Dead of Winter is awesome. Survivors live in a colony representing humanity’s hope, but they are surrounded by hordes of Zombies. The heroes must risk their skins getting out of the safe area to search for the staff they need: staff like gasoline, guns, and for sure, medicines and food, all to satisfy the needs of the colony, as well as their own secret objectives. Zombies will be coming faster and faster as more people stays together, making some areas very dangerous, and menacing the colony itself if the kill-rates are not fast enough. In the meanwhile random events take place, enriching the story that is going around. This game it’s a well-balanced mixture of the previous two, with a bit of human betrayal factor combined with combats against zombies and running away when they are too many. I also adds its own novelties, like cards providing some action choices to heroes whose result can be beneficial or all the opposite to the colony. Also there are rules for noise which are quite funny.

Every species of ant has its own species of zombi fungi that it gets infected by.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply