Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
They call him Johnny!
08-28-2008, 03:00 AM
They call him Johnny!
So our last session of LNOE was a fun one as we had played the Save the Townsfolk scenario. Well suffice to say that all the Townsfolk ended up on the bottom of the Heroes deck and thus we lost the game as the zombies devoured our heroes.

However one man to survive through the undead was Johnny Highschool Star Quarterback! I was playing Johnny and man he was unstoppable just killing zombies left right and center especially when I also had the circular saw in my possession.

Anyone else find Johnny is just a all around bad ass given his abilities?

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2008, 04:16 AM
RE: They call him Johnny!
We usually play with random heroes, and Johnny has only been on the board twice. He's always been good for a few zombie kills!

Oddly, we never have had the nurse come up once in any of our games. I may have to just choose her, to give her a chance!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2008, 02:50 PM
supervike Wrote:We usually play with random heroes, and Johnny has only been on the board twice. He's always been good for a few zombie kills!

Oddly, we never have had the nurse come up once in any of our games. I may have to just choose her, to give her a chance!

That is the ONLY way we play is by random Heroes and we have not had Becky come up yet that I can remember. Jake Cartright is another I am a big fan of.

08-28-2008, 07:28 PM
I let my players pick, and of course if it's a find the item scenario they always pick Jake. I'm thinking of implementing the suggestion someone posted on the Geek about arranging the deck so the heros can't find the needed items or townsfolk too soon which happened once in Escape in the Truck and we had a 10 minute game.
08-28-2008, 11:50 PM
becky johny sheriff and either sam or billy are the best team depending on what scenario your playing.
08-29-2008, 12:05 AM
That is the great bit about being random....the hero may have to struggle to use the character. That's where the true fun comes in anyhow.
08-29-2008, 03:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2008 12:45 PM by mqstout.)
I'd choose Becky+Priest and two others, probably Jenny and Rachelle as my "dream team", if we didn't pick randomly!
08-29-2008, 05:32 AM
I find picking is not for me or my players. We like the randomness of making the best with the team you have and finding the best ways that their abilities can work together to survive. Picking teams ends up in players just min-maxing by making the best combination of a Hero team which takes the fun out of the game in my opinion.

I got Johnny again tonight but the poor boy put up a good fight but went down swinging after I could just not roll the dice for squat! Still the man is a beast when the cards are in his favour.

08-29-2008, 12:47 PM
mqstout Wrote:I'd choose Becky+Priest and two others, probably Jenny and Rachelle as my "dream team", if we didn't pick randomly!

Sounds like the making of a XXX movie... Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
08-30-2008, 05:35 AM
if we let are heros choose and thats not often they will win, due to picking the best guys. random is best.