Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"This could be our..." House rules
10-10-2014, 01:39 PM
RE: "This could be our..." House rules
(10-08-2014 11:18 PM)ch82 Wrote:  We always play it that it can be any characters except the father. Same sex relationships shouldn't be excluded in this day and age.

Remember the game's set in the 80s. But yes.

My group also house rules that Becky's superboobs overpower Father's vow of chastity...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 06:31 PM by StayPuft.)
(10-10-2014 01:39 PM)mqstout Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 11:18 PM)ch82 Wrote:  We always play it that it can be any characters except the father. Same sex relationships shouldn't be excluded in this day and age.

Remember the game's set in the 80s. But yes.

My group also house rules that Becky's superboobs overpower Father's vow of chastity...

Naw. He just can't resist her Southern charm. LOL!

EDIT: Wait... I don't know why I keep getting those two names mixed up. Becky's the nurse, isn't she? Jenny is the farmer's daughter.
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Yeah, the nurse.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2016, 04:31 AM
I've got here 2 years since this was over… but such a funny thread.

Since this rule overpowers the card, I’d give the heroes a chance at least. I think this will make the process even more fun.
Roll for each hero: on a 3+ the hero gets involved in the party, 6+ for Joseph, and please, never between the sheriff and son!!).
As an eventual variation (get ready for it…): can also be played between a hero and a Zombie hero! Works only on a 6…+ (make yourself pleasure with the disgusting scenes…, as in the recent film: Deadgirl…)

Every species of ant has its own species of zombi fungi that it gets infected by.
01-25-2016, 01:50 PM
(01-25-2016 04:31 AM)Reurnal Wrote:  I've got here 2 years since this was over… but such a funny thread.

Since this rule overpowers the card, I’d give the heroes a chance at least. I think this will make the process even more fun.
Roll for each hero: on a 3+ the hero gets involved in the party, 6+ for Joseph, and please, never between the sheriff and son!!).
As an eventual variation (get ready for it…): can also be played between a hero and a Zombie hero! Works only on a 6…+ (make yourself pleasure with the disgusting scenes…, as in the recent film: Deadgirl…)

worked in warm bodies too.

In that case, I'd house rule it that the zombie turned into a townfold come back, after that card. Zombie03
01-26-2016, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2016 02:20 AM by Reurnal.)
Wink RE: "This could be our..." House rules
(01-25-2016 01:50 PM)soundguy Wrote:  worked in warm bodies too.

In that case, I'd house rule it that the zombie turned into a townfold come back, after that card. Zombie03

Aha, you changed the twisted scene in a romantic princess and the frog!! so funny!

But yeah, I get the compromise: zombies get more power by actually forcing the card, which otherwise is frequently hard to use, as they attack with a Zombie hero. Heroes can get a compensation... although recovering a hero, is perhaps too much (especially if already replaced!!). Perhaps, come back with just one wound, and/or the kissing hero takes a wound his own? (not like the zombie is going to be super collaborative...).

In relation to this rule, I am also remembering the Dawn of the Dead (2004), when one of the characters keeps her zombified wife in a room. Or the walking dead governor feeding her daughter etc…

Perhaps to decide the whole thing, make a roll, and apply the following in addition to the normal effect of the card: 1 hero takes a wound, 2-4 apply the card as usual, 5-6 Miracle! the zombie hero, comes back to life! (with one single wound because it was a bit damaged).

Every species of ant has its own species of zombi fungi that it gets infected by.
01-26-2016, 02:21 PM
the way we played it was we put a townfolk cardboard chit in place of the zombie, and treated it as a 1 wound 'hero' with no items, and they moved with the player that 'found' them.

Was not a big deal either way.. IE.. didn't overballance or anything. was funny though.