Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
This is so stupid,that i couldnt have made it up.
04-09-2014, 10:46 PM
So. I was playing a game with my friends son. He always badgers me to be the Zombie player, and i thought, what the hell.

During the third turn, he has managed to get a whooping 14 zombies on the table. With me being the heroes looking for the gas and keys for the truck, im getting hard pressed. At the fifth turn, i have my guys bogged down in the diner. Sheriff Anderson, Jake, Johnny and Becky. They are all searching like mad. At this point, 11 (yes 11) zombies are closing in from the middle board. I look at my cards. Johnny has the Fireextinguisher, becky has a can of gas. I think: this is gonna end up bad any way, so i might as well go out with a bang. I can see the smirk of satisfaction on the 14 year old boy, as he can smell an early victory. I carefully check my cards. I roll for the heroes, and Johnny and becky both rolls a 6. Here is what happend:

"Johnny was tired. They had tried to board the diner up, but the soft moaning from the undead was growing louder. "What are we gonna do" sobbed Becky. Her otherwise pristine nurseuniform spattered with blood. Some of it clotted and black, some of it quite fresh. She had taken a nasty bite from old mrs. Canbury, and the wound wouldnt stop bleeding. Jake wa rummaging through the diners kitchen, hoping to find something, anything to help them either get the truck goung, or at least give them a fighting chance. He glanced at Becky. "And anything to help that poor girl, if...." he mused. He had seen those kind of wounds before, and no matter the timeframe, someone was walking the green mile, and that was a one-way trip. "Better get those dressins on, dear" he drawled, tossing aside a perfectly good frying pan and focusing all his attention on the shiny meatcleaver. "You might catch an infection". He nearly laughed out loud from the absurdness of the inappropriate comment. The Sheriff grabbed his ruff, and gave him a hard stare. He had just about had it with that vagrant, and him harrasing his.....friend, was just enought to tip him over the edge. "You secure your shit, you piece of shit" he growled. "Dont you think she has enough on her plate already?. The sheriff was just about to forget the protect and serve part of his job, and get down dirty, when a strong hand grabbed his jacket, and pulled him away. Johnny pushed him up against the wall. "Listen goddamnit. You just do what i say now" Johnny had made his min up a long time ago. If it came to this, he would gladly sacrifice himself for the team. "Becky" the name was almost a yell, one of the commands he used to gice on the football field. The sheer force of his words, snapped her out of her stupor, and she looked at him with wide eyes. "You are gonna come with me, bring that can of gas". He headed to the door. "You cant go out there" said the sheriff. "Youll be killed". "Not if i play this right. Its just a 42 34. Like in the ballgames. " Quickly he relayed the plan to becky.

The doors to the diner burst open. Becky, running faster than she ever had in her life, darted towards the oncoming undead. The undead kept advancing, looking forward to sink their teeth into her fresh flesh. A few feet from them, she hurled the can of gas in a wide arc, landing it just in front of the large group of zombies. Seeing that the can had landed where it was supposed to, she turned heel, and darted to the safety of the diner again. "Bellowing his impromptu warcry, Johnny took her place. Fireing a fireextinguisher, and blowing a plume of CO2 right into the faces of the undead. Seeing them confused, he yelled, "im over here". The undead fixed their cold eyes on him, and moaning, moving as one, they changed direction, stepping right over the douced ground, knocking the gascan over. Darting towards the Diner, yelling "now", he glanced back, to see that all 11 zombies were caught in the killzone. He smiled, when he saw the nozzle og Sheriff andersons gun, pointing right at the gas soaked ground. "This is my town and im taking it back" he heard, as the sheriff pulled the trigger........

And that basiccaly saved my ass. 11 zombies, moved into a space with a gascan. The ensuing fireball took out EVERY ONE OF THEM. With three Z left on the table, we managed to search the keys out, and the always lucky Jake got "just what i needed" the following turn. The car was filled in turn 7 and my friends son has never begged to play Zombies again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: This is so stupid,that i couldnt have made it up.
YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!Zombie17
I enjoyed the write up. Thanks for sharing
+1 Rep for a great story and awesome tactics. I love it when a plan comes together!
04-10-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: This is so stupid,that i couldnt have made it up.
Fun narrative! Enjoyed it. Do you beat up on the kid just as badly when you play Zombies? haha

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
04-10-2014, 02:14 AM
Nice! Kicked some ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk