Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thoughts on World War Z
06-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Thoughts on World War Z
What do you guys think of this up coming movie?
I've only seen the trailers but liked the look of masses (and there are masses) of zombie horde, moving like a tidal wave.
I did like the glimpse in the trailer of the zombies piling themselves up against the wall.
Now thats what I call autospawning!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: Thoughts on World War Z
that's the one part i actually didn't like.

I was hoping for a more 'realistic' high budget movie.

them movies where the zombies.. which are humans.. can now run as fast as race cars and are all as strong as bears and forklifts and can topple vehicles in seconds.. and do other superhuman things// well.. that dampens it for me. the best articulate 'zombie' you can get is an 'infected' human. IE.. a live one that may be crazy. thus you are elimited to human acts.. you can get away with 'crazy, immoral, enraged, increased or even total tolerance to pain, but you still have human limits to work in.

human body is a machine. stop taking in fuel and it's production goes down.. fast.

start systemically dammaging it and it does gown fast.

99.999999% of zombie movies forget that.

if it's a 'live zombie' a heart shot or ane 'bleed out' shot should be fine.. just like on a regular person.

if it's a walking dead type ..... atrition thru infestation and natural bacterial reaction / rotting will get them in a couple weeks.. MAX.... can't hav eit both ways. either gotta be dead and gone in a couple weeks. or mean and nasty and.. well.. ded and rotting in a couple weeks. either way.. couple weeks!
Find all posts by this user
06-17-2013, 05:49 PM
It's been a while since I read the book, but from what I recall the Zeds were the slow moving kind but just a never ending horde, I was praying for a somewhat close adaptation to the source material but that was a pipe dream. I am just hoping its a decent movie that maybe hits some of the better places in the book (battle of yonkers or the cliffside in india)
06-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Must say although I thought the tidal wave effect was pretty cool, I to prefer falling apart, shambling, groaning and generally a more traditional type of undead Watchmen02
06-17-2013, 09:22 PM
From what I've heard, the only similarity between the movie and the book is the title. It will probably be entertaining, but I wouldn't go into it looking for a smart zombie movie.
06-18-2013, 01:48 PM
when i saw the tdal wave of fast zombies tppling cars and racing up the sides of buildings in 'pile on' style. I knew it was gonna be another B movie.. Insane19

i was hoping for a high budget , better actors, 28 weeks later. which by the way.. was much better than the poor acting in 28 days.

28wks later is the gold standard i measure all other zed movies by.. in terms of real-ness of infected individual behavior, human interaction.. and passable acting. and overall normal zombie capability.
06-18-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm still looking forward to the movie - I don't want to be too quick and give it a pass just on the merits of the trailer alone.

I'd say that, if they want a more accurate portrayal of the events of the book, then they should go for a TV series instead of a movie. Remember those TV specials based off of Stephen King's novels? That would work great for World War Z, in my opinion.
06-18-2013, 10:58 PM
i'm not giving it a pass. It's a must see for me.

I'll watch -any- zed movie. I just like the more realistice ones the best.
06-19-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm still not too sure if I'll watch it.
First I was thrilled to hear that the Max Brooks books are used to make a movie. The plot is not really an issue as there are so many in the book but the Zombie setting is. The typical Max Brooks Zombie is the slow non-tiring, decomposing type (slowly decomposing as it is said that the Z-Virus is a bacteria deterrent one).
It definitely backs me off to see the more "28 days later" fast type Zombie in the trailers. Imo it sells out the core of the WW-Z books. (Nothing against 28 ds ltr - it's just another type imo)
I don't like the "Faster - Stronger - Higher" race of arms that seems to go on. I prefer the focus on the humans coping with the Zombie-Apocalypse and with the issue of building up a new civilization like "The Walking Dead" do.
Maybe I'll watch WW-Z anyway - let's see.
06-19-2013, 12:45 PM
I haven't seen a single zombie in any trailers I hope they aren't all comp generated...the fact the movie is only PG-13 tells me it's probably going to be a bust.