Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thoughts on World War Z
06-28-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: Thoughts on World War Z
interesting!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2013, 11:12 PM
At first, I was wondering why they didn't use the "Redeker plan". But then I remembered that it wouldn't work on these fast running zombies.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-29-2013, 12:57 AM
redecker?
07-01-2013, 02:17 AM
I saw it this weekend. It was okay, but I felt it was a little over-hyped and I think that ruined it for me a little. Plus, it sort of wasn't what I personally like in a zombie movie. To me, a zombie movie is about the zombies. I prefer the slow moving, living dead, "Urrgh" type of zombies.

That said.... no matter what kind of zombies you have, I like to get to actually SEE the zombies. I must admit, I loved the whole sea of undead humanity thing the movie had going on, where there were so many zombies coming at you that you couldn't tell where one began and another ended. However, I would have liked to see them a little more. Though, in fairness, there were a few scenes where you did.
07-01-2013, 01:40 PM
yep.. it deffinately got more hype than the move had action for i think.

I bet they could have made that a 4 hour movie and really 'fleshed' it out, pun intended.
07-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Thoughts on World War Z
I saw it this weekend. I liked it. It could have been better. It could have been ALOT better. But I liked it.

I fully felt satisfied with the ticket price. It was better, to me, than any of the resident evil movies. Those aimed to be big hollywood action movies.

The fast zombies do not bother me so much. What Pitt did to get through/ by them was a little odd.

My personal vision of zombie utopia would have fast runners right after the change. They would be the "living zombies". Then there would be the shambles and the rotters, the definitely dead zombies.

It definitely had the feel of a global pandemic. A world at war with the undead.

Two rotten thumbs up. Hell, I will even tape an extra thumb on just hold it up.

Any one here from Long Island NY?
07-02-2013, 04:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 04:26 AM by StayPuft.)
(07-01-2013 01:40 PM)soundguy Wrote:  yep.. it deffinately got more hype than the move had action for i think.

I bet they could have made that a 4 hour movie and really 'fleshed' it out, pun intended.

It's funny, but I have to kind of agree with you. The movie seemed to be mostly action... yet it didn't seem like enough action. I don't quite know how to explain that. I felt like we got more action in helicopters, airplanes, etc. then we did with actual zombies. I mean, again, I liked the movie, but just thought it could have been better. And, when it comes to zombie movies, it just wasn't my personal taste.

Though, I can definitely see why so many people like it. I am happy I can at least say that. Because I am extremely easy to please when it comes to movies, yet so many times it seems like when the entire world is raving about a movie, I wind up hating it. And, before anybody says it, I am absolutely NOT the type of person who hates a movie just because everybody else loves it. It just so happens that, often times, that winds up being the case. For example, I thought "The Ring" was one of the lamest and most boring horror movies I have ever seen.... and a few days later the entire world was raving about how innovative, awesome, and terrifying it was. I tend to go into a movie with the proper expectations, which is why I am capable of seeing some STUPID movies and still loving them. LOL! So, when I hate a movie, it is one that REALLY did not appeal to me. Thankfully, World War Z was not in the boat. I liked it, I just wasn't as impressed as I had hoped.
07-02-2013, 12:53 PM
i think if they had not hit so may 'blocks' and hangups / holdups in shooting.. we might have gotten more movie out of it.
07-03-2013, 06:00 AM
I completely prefer the audiobook of World War Z. If you haven't done so, check it out. Absolutely worth a listen.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2013, 01:38 PM
i bet it's in that redbook library too. hmm.. i got a gift card there.. Watchmen02