Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thoughts on soB
11-11-2013, 07:26 PM
RE: Thoughts on soB
And look at that -- we're picking up again! Excellent!

As long as they manage to continue to keep the updates and mine-cart pledges coming, and as long as we get the gameplay example (either a video or a text description) sometime in the next week, I suspect we won't lose momentum again.

That said, you know it's impressive when the slowest day a Kickstarter has is the day they "only" make $6000, or 1/5 of the original goal. And yeah, all Kickstarters have a bit of a lull in the middle of the campaign. If this was the lull, I think we're going to get over 1 million.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2013, 08:44 AM
hm, ok, who is here. i`m trying to match nick to KS nick ;-)
gavin, Old Dwarf - are you there in KS?
11-13-2013, 09:12 AM
I am! My secret identity over in KS is... Gavin Downing!

...I may not be all that good at the secret identity thing.
11-13-2013, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 01:12 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Yes i'm on KS SoB but I haven't commented much,I go by William Gaskill with the Dwarf Avatar.
Gaving! I saw right through your secret identity-BTW-Gavin has lost no opportunity to plug
TZG there.

I was expecting an update & a new Otherworld when I got up this AM,nothing yet but we got
The Swamp Raptor for MC so I'm happy.

OD

PS-The update arrived,the new Otherworld will be up sometime this week.

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-13-2013, 02:26 PM
My name on kickstarter is Decayn, but I haven't commented much since the beginning when all of the negativity drove me away from the comments.
11-13-2013, 04:40 PM
Ian, that's probably my fault. Sorry. They comments are much better now.
11-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Yeah, the comments are no longer the wretched hive of scum and villainy they once were. It's a much more pleasant place.
11-14-2013, 03:30 AM
(11-13-2013 04:40 PM)LSD Wrote:  Ian, that's probably my fault. Sorry. They comments are much better now.

I don't think any one person is really to blame for that. I'm not a really active person online anywhere (as you can tell from my post count here over the years) but I tried at first on the SOBS comment section mostly because of my excitement for the game. At most I'd get a serious response or two before complete derailment and attacks. It makes it very easy to give up when you already mostly stay hidden.
11-14-2013, 04:51 AM
There's some new trolls now, sadly, demanding a slave class (even after Mary Beth told them flat out that it will never happen). I'm pretty much ignoring them now, and hoping they go away.
11-14-2013, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2013 01:06 PM by Old Dwarf.)
GD-funny I was going to post the same comment but then just thought WHATEVER KS AH!
On a much more pleasant note a New Update this AM & the new Otherworld-Blasted Waste-with-Scavengers
& we got the Rats.

We should have Clint by the weekend.Well I'm going to check out KS & see the Comments hopefully the
the Trolls have gone back under their bridge.

OD

PS-Not bad, a little tea leaves reading as to why FFP only opened 50 MC7 Slots instead of the usual 100.
A shit storm was averted when FFP clarified the new Blasted Waste Otherworld was in the Mine Cart
(they had forgot to put in the MC Icon).

Looks like many of the KS backers have made the jump from commenters to a community, several have expressed
that are going to join TZG so we could pick up some cool members.

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: