Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thoughts on soB
11-14-2013, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2013 05:27 PM by gavindowning.)
RE: Thoughts on soB
Are you kidding, OD? At the rate this thing is going, we're getting the Cartwright before noon here on the West Coast of the US. I've been watching it jump by the thousands.

Yesterday was their best day since October 30th. We're on track today to make yesterday look poor by comparison. It's going gangbusters! Go FFP!

There's some discussion from a couple people to make a separate, dedicated SoBS board, too -- which I'd also join if they do that. Not sure why it's necessary with this board here, but... whatever floats your boat, I suppose. I just want to make sure any fan-made stuff I make gets out there to as many people as possible.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2013, 07:46 PM
GD- I guess I was! I just gave it a check & we're almost at $600K.So I'm
excited that we'll see some new SG.

SoB has generated a lot of passion ,I guess it's a lot to do with the KS approach but
the Theme seems to have struck a Gaming interest.

One Game Boards tend not to last too long, I think the reason why TZG has lasted is
that FFP keeps churning out new stuff & supporting it's existing Games so there is
always stuff to chew over. Still it's cool that people are willing to go to that length
to support SoB, it's a lot of work & expense to pull off a professional looking Board.
Of course if they have deep pockets like Sarku there half way home.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Oh, it's definitely struck a gaming interest. One of my friends who's not so big on boardgames but loves RP is thrilled I'm getting this game, because he's looking forward to playing. I know our group will be doing about as much RP as playing a board game. It should be awesomely fun.
11-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Damn & just left to check on the KS & we're @$800 until we hit $600K also there only 5 MC left.
I hope FFP has new SG ready & new MC to add to keep the train moving, I don't think they
expected so big an upswing today.

OD

11-14-2013, 08:19 PM
They've said that, when the game launched, they had stretch goals planned out to roughly 1.1 or 1.2 million, thinking that was a pipe dream. I think they've been working on further stretch goals now. 1.2 is easily achievable as we go into the last week and a half.
11-14-2013, 08:52 PM
I was probably the one that was responsible for the "attacks", "hating" and "bitching". You can blame me
11-14-2013, 09:15 PM
(11-14-2013 08:52 PM)skolo Wrote:  I was probably the one that was responsible for the "attacks", "hating" and "bitching". You can blame me

I am still not happy with FFPs credit solution but I am just protesting with my wallet since they don't seem to care about their fans any longer
11-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Well they have blown through the Pledge $800K Goal & the MC-I trust FFP will update soon as
there is a demand fr more MC.

Skolo -I wouldn't call you a hater, you had some honest concerns ,others however just got plain nasty
& just trolled to keep the pot boiling.

LSD-I'm at the MC7 & am not thrilled with the credit (well I like the credit but I would like more choices like store credit)
The wallet protest is in the end the most effective but as massively as this thing is going I doubt FFP will notice.
I do think they care otherwise why did they make the effort to offer the credit.

OD

11-14-2013, 10:12 PM
OD - its even more funny as I`m sitting on MC7 from the start...
there will be dice addon not associated with MC level. something to spend credit on...maybe blank cards?
11-15-2013, 02:04 AM
Oh, I know I'm getting blank cards. I'm going to be customizing the CRAP out of this game with my friends...