Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thread is Dead, or is it?
07-24-2011, 04:24 AM
Thread is Dead, or is it?
I tried a search but was not able to find the answers so I thought about asking them here:

1. When is a thread considered dead here?
2. Should dead threads stay dead, or should the be allowed to become an un-dead thread?

Dun dun dun...

Zombie24
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2011, 09:35 AM
RE: Thread is Dead, or is it?
It has proven quite usefull for newcomers to find answers in old threads. So I'd say turn them in an Un-Dead thread Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Bringing old threads back from the dead is normally cool here, I think. I like seeing some of the cool older threads come up now and again.
07-28-2011, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2011 12:37 PM by mqstout.)
We're all about the undead here -- necro threads as much as you want. There's NO reason not to! And, like Vikinglad points out, it's often beneficial to bring them back.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Thyt is not Dead,that can eternal lie..........

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-17-2012, 09:48 PM
That's funny. I actually asked a similar question here when I first came around. I love this forum, and wanted to slowly pile through all of the old threads to see what, if anything, I wanted to discuss as well. However, I've been to other message boards where they very much frowned upon this sort of thing, getting annoyed if people dug up really old posts (necro-posting). Luckily, on this board, everybody is really cool and doesn't mind. I'm sure if you did it in a trollish way, like quickly digging up a bunch of old threads with just responses like "Cool," then people may not like that. But, they are very open to old discussions if you want to jump in.

Personally, I always thought that was really stupid when people get all bent out of shape about necro-posting. I mean, if a topic was fun to discuss before, then why wouldn't it be fun to revisit? Not to mention, if you are new member, then you never got a chance to participate in that discussion, so it is new to you.

Further still, if you, as a more tenured member, don't want to re-discuss the topic... JUST DON'T. Why does it hurt you to have an old thread come back? Maybe others will enjoy getting back into the discussion, or maybe other new members will enjoy joining in as well.

Never really got why some people don't like it. It can be a great way to bring new life to a thread that would otherwise just gut burried. Not to mention, it makes the message board a much more interesting place, because it gives new members who may have missed the original conversation a chance to jump in.