Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Three more variants
04-14-2014, 04:55 PM
RE: Three more variants
Yo mama!

LOL! Sorry. Couldn't resist. "Yo mama" jokes are like "So's your face" and "That's what she said." They are always funny... especially when they're not. :-P

Seriously, though, I could actually see it being Jake Cartwright. Him or Victor. Both of them have the sort of character where you'd think they wouldn't be much of a team player. So, it would be so awesome, thematically speaking, to see them suddenly swoop in and save the day when the S really hits the fan, showing that maybe they aren't so bad after all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2014, 04:36 PM
We used it last game Rochelle swept in took the fight, got a lucky kill, then disappeared into the night
04-29-2014, 05:29 PM
I picture Jake Cartwright as a Zombie Movie version of Jayne Cobb from Firefly. Gruff, crude, mostly unliked, but strangely loyal when it all goes to Hell. Exactly who makes the best "Swoop in and save the day" character. Last time when we played it was the unexpected combination of Jenny and her Chainsaw-that-just-won't-quit, that came in a destroyed all my Zeds...
04-29-2014, 08:07 PM
I'd have the m-95 apply to player characters for friendly fire
05-09-2014, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2014 09:38 PM by aprillo.)
Three more variants
In my last game jake catright did exactly that. On the second to last turn he moved in close to the last herd of plague zombies, and dropped a gas marker on his position. Plague carriers were forced to move into that square, they killed him but now were stuck on a gas marker. This was inside the barn against the wall closest the the barn house in the back corner. After the zombie turn sheriff Anderson was the only one close enough to try and get to the barn and shoot the gas. What was really exciting... He rolled a 1. This put him in a position where he had no choice but to put himself adjacent to the gas marker and in the danger zone. This was an interesting dynamic because it made 3 options for the games conclusion... If he missed the shot, game would end with zombie victory. If he made the shot plague zombies would die but he may die too and he'd have been the 4rth dead hero. That would be a draw. On the 1/3 chance he didn't get killed by the gas, heroes would win.

He made the shot... And survived! For the most thematic and movie-like conclusion to a game I've ever had!!!

Didn't even mind that I lost because that sacrifice and the perfect success of of that shot, with this two characters!!! Was too good to watch

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Cartwright*

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
05-12-2014, 08:26 AM
A useful reminder that keeping all your Heroes alive may not be the best strategy to win.
05-12-2014, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 01:55 PM by soundguy.)
take one for the team comes to mind. Zombie03 ... used to use that playing space hulk. .. Run a flame unit into a room that needed to be destroyed and then detonate because you know next turn if you don't the gene stealers will get your whole squad... but you can sacrafice the flamer guy by detonating him as soon as he steps in the room.. using command points.
05-18-2014, 09:49 PM
I like the falling tree card.
05-18-2014, 10:53 PM
We have used it several times now and it's surprising how the tree blocking a space can backfire on a hero, so you have to be careful