Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber Peak Box Back Preview...
06-30-2012, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2012 04:37 PM by scarydk.)
RE: Timber Peak Box Back Preview...
(06-30-2012 12:37 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(06-30-2012 11:31 AM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  Overall this looks terrific but I am disappointed by one thing...

I was hoping that they would do some new zombie sculpts for this standalone expansion so that there would be more zombie types to mix and match...

Maybe it's time to start buying and painting that Zombie horde you've always dreamed of...

Man, if my existing addiction wasn't already so expensive. Don't get me started on its hidden costs...

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2012, 05:21 PM
(06-30-2012 02:33 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  we are taking two trips in July

I am glad to see you have decided to come pay me a visit!
I will stock up on Belgian beers mate!
Oh wait...no...fridge is full already Watchmen02

And now I will have to go wake up my girlfriend...I think I just knocked her out while swinging around with my Ipad in all the excitment I had with seeing that box.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
06-30-2012, 10:16 PM
(06-30-2012 05:21 PM)Emp Wrote:  
(06-30-2012 02:33 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  we are taking two trips in July

I am glad to see you have decided to come pay me a visit!
I will stock up on Belgian beers mate!
Oh wait...no...fridge is full already Watchmen02

And now I will have to go wake up my girlfriend...I think I just knocked her out while swinging around with my Ipad in all the excitment I had with seeing that box.

You're funny, Emp! Watchmen02 Belgium would certainly be an interesting trip. I think I could actually talk my wife into it just because of the beer! For now, though, my planned trips are to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Boston, Massachusetts.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
07-01-2012, 06:29 AM
(06-30-2012 11:31 AM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  Overall this looks terrific but I am disappointed by one thing...

I was hoping that they would do some new zombie sculpts for this standalone expansion so that there would be more zombie types to mix and match...

Although I don't entirely disagree with you, I think sticking with the original sculpts for these zeds makes absolute sense from the game designer perspective as they share all characteristics with the base game ones. Also, this game is intended as much for the average 12 year old as it is for the rest of us, so to avoid confusion and make the zeds an easily distinguished cohesive horde the decision actually sounds like an easy one. But that's just me speculating.

Rest assured that every detail of the game has not been left to chance by Jason and his crew. But if you're lucky and there's a market demand for a greater variety of sculpts there could be a supplement like the Zombies With Grave Weapons on its way. At least such a supplement would be getting support from the fools in here Watchmen02

07-01-2012, 10:50 AM
(07-01-2012 06:29 AM)scarydk Wrote:  

Although I don't entirely disagree with you, I think sticking with the original sculpts for these zeds makes absolute sense from the game designer perspective as they share all characteristics with the base game ones. Also, this game is intended as much for the average 12 year old as it is for the rest of us, so to avoid confusion and make the zeds an easily distinguished cohesive horde the decision actually sounds like an easy one. But that's just me speculating.

Rest assured that every detail of the game has not been left to chance by Jason and his crew. But if you're lucky and there's a market demand for a greater variety of sculpts there could be a supplement like the Zombies With Grave Weapons on its way. At least such a supplement would be getting support from the fools in here Watchmen02

I would like to see a new set of Zombies sculptures though I see your point about creaing a Zombie horde. More pressing is the need for Zombie Heroes figures. This would make the game easier for your average 12 year-old (and me!) to follow than using the current tokens.
07-01-2012, 12:03 PM
(07-01-2012 10:50 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(07-01-2012 06:29 AM)scarydk Wrote:  

I would like to see a new set of Zombies sculptures though I see your point about creaing a Zombie horde. More pressing is the need for Zombie Heroes figures. This would make the game easier for your average 12 year-old (and me!) to follow than using the current tokens.

I agree. It would be great to get my rotten hands on some badass zombie heroes. But of course as with the zombie minis in general, there're quite a few miniature makers out there so adding some custom ones should be fairly easy although FFP could make the job a lot easier for us...

07-01-2012, 08:30 PM
I think I read somewhere that Blood in the Forest would have new zombie sculpts; "Feral Zombies" or something like that.

Regards,

V
07-01-2012, 09:01 PM
(07-01-2012 08:30 PM)VFults Wrote:  I think I read somewhere that Blood in the Forest would have new zombie sculpts; "Feral Zombies" or something like that.

Regards,

V

Cool! I hope it's true. And achtung panzer has a good point - zombie hero sculpts would be even better than new zombies! They should sell them as hero packs. Man if I worked at Flying Frog I would be wringing all of the money out of suckers like...me.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
07-02-2012, 08:27 AM
yeap a zombie hero pack, with all the heroes up to now in their zombie forms would be nice!
07-02-2012, 06:28 PM
(07-01-2012 08:30 PM)VFults Wrote:  I think I read somewhere that Blood in the Forest would have new zombie sculpts; "Feral Zombies" or something like that.

Regards,

V

I think there will be a new rule, not sure about a new model(s) though.