Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber Peak Box Back Preview...
07-02-2012, 08:15 PM
RE: Timber Peak Box Back Preview...
(07-01-2012 06:29 AM)scarydk Wrote:  
(06-30-2012 11:31 AM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  Overall this looks terrific but I am disappointed by one thing...

I was hoping that they would do some new zombie sculpts for this standalone expansion so that there would be more zombie types to mix and match...

Although I don't entirely disagree with you, I think sticking with the original sculpts for these zeds makes absolute sense from the game designer perspective as they share all characteristics with the base game ones. Also, this game is intended as much for the average 12 year old as it is for the rest of us, so to avoid confusion and make the zeds an easily distinguished cohesive horde the decision actually sounds like an easy one. But that's just me speculating.

Rest assured that every detail of the game has not been left to chance by Jason and his crew. But if you're lucky and there's a market demand for a greater variety of sculpts there could be a supplement like the Zombies With Grave Weapons on its way. At least such a supplement would be getting support from the fools in here Watchmen02

I kind of agree with goodcop. It would have been cool to see new zombie sculpts, but in the same colors. That way they all still make sense together. That said, I don't mind them being the same.

But, now that you mention it, that actually is a really good point. I hadn't thought of it that way. I still think I would have kind of neat to see new sculpts, but I can kind of agree with you as well.

And, I would definitely agree with what many of you have said. I would love to see them release a miniatures pack of just all the heroes as zombie heroes. That would definitely be one I would pick up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Hi guys,

Did you notice the Secretly Bitten card on the backside of the box? Is this one of the new zombie advancement cards or something entirely new? I am really excited, as this could potentially bring up a little more tension between the Heroes like:

"I dont think it is a good idea that you move over to me... For all I know, your character might turn any minute now!"

That is both classical zombie movie and a possible extremely exciting mechanism for future games.

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
07-11-2012, 09:31 AM
(07-11-2012 08:23 AM)SovTech Wrote:  Hi guys,

Did you notice the Secretly Bitten card on the backside of the box? Is this one of the new zombie advancement cards or something entirely new? I am really excited, as this could potentially bring up a little more tension between the Heroes like:

"I dont think it is a good idea that you move over to me... For all I know, your character might turn any minute now!"

That is both classical zombie movie and a possible extremely exciting mechanism for future games.

Cheerio,
ST
I agree - it potentially introduces a great deal of tension. We already have cards to disrupt / split the Hero group but this one has the best theme feel.
07-11-2012, 01:00 PM
(07-11-2012 09:31 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 08:23 AM)SovTech Wrote:  Hi guys,

Cheerio,
ST
I agree - it potentially introduces a great deal of tension. We already have cards to disrupt / split the Hero group but this one has the best theme feel.

Sounds like a Zombie styled Survival Tactics Card.

With every expansion there's an ever growing build-up of cards. I can't wait to find out what else they've got in store for us.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Really looking forward to this, interested to know more about the 'secretly bitten' mechanic...
07-13-2012, 06:57 PM
I may be going wrong in my bet here...

On a wild guess.

I think the zombie player would be able to play Secretly Bitten, that just lost a fight to a zombie and took a wound.
Each start of hero and zombie turn throw a dice on the roll of 1 the hero changes to zombie.

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
07-14-2012, 10:17 AM
I think an interesting mechanic would be for every player to have a stack of 15 "Secretly Bitten" cards. 14 of them are "still fine", 1 of them is "turned".

When the Zombie Player plays "Secretly Bitten" everyone turns their top card over. If they're all fine you carry on as normal. At the beginning of the Zombie Player's turn everyone turns a card over again and so it continues until someone turns.

The paranoia that any second you could become a zombie or the guy next to you could. Do you stick together for safety or spread out for safety?
07-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Heh... Good one sickboy.

But not what they intend, as they already told us which cards the box incluides. But something with a random chance of players turning, and I really, really hope that this set includes cards that are being kept secret from the other players to create tension.

Perhaps you give a secretly bitten card to someone, which is kept secret, and when they recieve a wound they turn... Or maybe they win, if the zombies win? (Ahh... maybe thats far-fetched).

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
07-15-2012, 06:51 PM
(07-01-2012 08:30 PM)VFults Wrote:  I think I read somewhere that Blood in the Forest would have new zombie sculpts; "Feral Zombies" or something like that.

Regards,

V

I hope that is true. I just think that since feral zombies are a whole new class of zombies, then they deserve new vicious sculpts.

Avalanche5160
07-16-2012, 12:52 AM
I'm just lazy and want to pay someone to paint my minis for me haha any takers?