Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber Peak Game Report 1 Learn To Survive
02-13-2013, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 10:51 PM by samuraitrev.)
Timber Peak Game Report 1 Learn To Survive
Hello and welcome to the 1st Timber Peak Game Report. I had a real blast playing this game. We played it as a stand alone expansion. The new rule mechanics are pretty straight forward and don’t interrupt the flow of the game or the overall feel of the LNoE experience we know and love.

Scenario Special Rules: Always Zombie Heroes, Heroes Replenish.
Mission: The Heroes need to get 6 Upgrades. The Zombies need to get 4 Upgrades or kill 3 Heroes.
Board Sections (random): Refinery, Bowling Alley, Lumber Yard and the Gym.
Characters (random): Sheriff Anderson, Nikki, Jake and Alice.
Starting Zombies: 4
Turns: 12

H2H = Hand to hand

Pregame
Jake Cartwright and Sheriff Anderson arrive from Woodinvale via the Road Out of Town. The Sheriff has his Police Shotgun. Nikki downs a shot of Jack in the Tavern and prepares for battle with her Signal Flare. Alice is at the Town Centre with a Pick Axe.

Turn 1
Jake: “Look, this is not the first time I’ve been here. Follow me”.
Sheriff: “Jake, we’ve been through this. I call the shots. You’ll get us all killed. I remember what you did…”
Nikki: (shouts from the Tavern) “Don’t Go In The Office Trailer. The Zombies are coming from there and the lights are out. If you see that Outsider Alice don’t expect any help, she’s fried. Now if you two can stop Bickering we might survive the night.”
Nikki fires her Signal flare from point blank in the Tavern and misses, she discards it. Alice joins Nikki in the Tavern.

Turn 2
Nikki: “I forgot to mention. Don’t Go In The Saw Mill either. The lights are out there and Zombies are coming from there too. That’s where we left the bodies. I should have told you I’m an Outsider too, this place does that to you. AIEEEEE!!!"
Nikki is wounded by a Shambling Zombie. Alice is wounded too and Infected in the Tavern.
Sheriff: “Get the hell out of there!”
The Sheriff fires his Police Shotgun at a Zombie in the distance and kills it. He’s a Fast Learner and gets the 1st Hero Upgrade (Ranged) Crippling Hit. Alice and Nikki escape the Tavern.

Turn 3
Nikki gets a 2nd wound and the Vicious Attack causes a 3rd wound, killing her. She rises again as a Zombie Hero. A new Hero arrives at the Town Centre, it’s Ed Baker with the (melee) upgrade Brawling and a Lighter. The Zombies get their 1st Upgrade: Secretly Bitten. The random Hero happens to be Alice and as she’s already Infected, she’s killed and turned into a Zombie Hero. A new Hero arrives from Woodinvale at the Town Centre with Ed, its Sally.

The Sheriff runs out of ammo with his Police Shotgun and has to discard it. Ed discards his Lighter and starts a fire killing a Zombie in the flames. Ed the Fast Learner gets the 2nd Hero Upgrade (Melee) Tough.

Turn 4
Ed is wounded twice and the Zombies get their 2nd Upgrade: Tainted. Ed runs into the Refinery. The Sheriff joins Jake in the Bowling Alley and Sally hides in the Train Station.

Turn 5
The Zombies were causing Terror at Timber Peak for the Heroes. As 6 Zombies Relentlessly Advanced. The fire Ed started began to spread. Ed Picks Up a Crate of Dynamite from the Refinery. The Heroes have a Near Miss and the Terror at Timber Peak is cancelled. Jake tries to Search twice in the Bowling Alley but finds nothing.

Turn 6
A Fire! starts in the Refinery. The Smoldering Dead Zombies seem impervious to the flames. The fire Ed started spreads into the Tavern. All that lovely beer starts to get warm. The Zombie apocalypse has truly taken a turn for the worse… Jake tries to Search twice in the Bowling Alley and fails again! Sally arrives in the burning Refinery to find Ed has bolted.

Turn 7
Sally manages to wound Zombie Nikki but is wounded herself by another Zombie in the Refinery. Jake finds a Survival Torch in the Bowling Alley. Sheriff Anderson is wounded by a Zombie in the Bowling Alley. The fire Ed started spreads out of the Tavern blocking an escape route for Jake and the Sheriff. Sally runs out of the Refinery.

Turn 8
Ed has Hero’s Strength and kills a Zombie Morris Dancer in H2H. The Fast Learner gets the 3rd Hero Upgrade: (Melee) Knockback. Ed then knocks back Zombie Nikki and a jogger Zombie. Ed charges at another Zombie and kills that one in H2H too! Another Fire! breaks out outside the Bowling Alley trapping the Jake and the Sheriff! The Sheriff and Jake are forced to run through the flames and Sheriff Anderson gets his 2nd wound but the pain and anger bring on a Second Wind and he fully heals.

Turn 9
Ed gets a 3rd wound and the Zombies get their 3rd Upgrade: Limitless Dead. Jake gives Ed his Survival Torch. Ed Restocks and gets 2 more sticks of Dynamite. Ed digs into his Crate of Dynamite and lights a stick and throws it at a Zombie which explodes all over Timber Peak.

Turn 10
All the Lights go Out in the Lumber Yard. Ed puts Zombie Nikki to rest smashing its head in with his Survival Torch the broken torch is discarded. Jake and Ed join forces in the Saw Mill.

Turn 11
The Zombies go on the rampage. The Sheriff is wounded by Zombie Alice. Jake gets his 1st wound from a Zombie surfer. Ed now fatigued and losing a lot of blood takes a 4th wound from a Zombie bite to the throat. With 3 Heroes killed our story at Timber Peak comes to a close…

Result: Zombie Victory (3 Heroes killed)
Hero of the Game: Ed Baker (5 Zombie kills)
Weapon of Choice: Hand to Hand (2 kills)
Undead kill count: 6

Epilogue:
Sally: “ANDERSON, JAKE! Over here!”
Jake comes hurtling out of the Saw Mill, his face the epitome of anguish and hopelessness, Ed’s screams give out to a choking sound with the sound of breaking bone and tearing flesh.
Sheriff: “There’s nothing we can do for him. It’s too dangerous here! Jake follow Sally we make for the road out of town behind Sally. Let’s roll!”

Upon Reflection:
That was a gruesome game. This was a very intense and punishing first lesson for the Heroes in the school of Timber Peak. After losing 2 Heroes in Turn 3 I knew things would be tough. Vicious Attack is a tough card that deals the Hero 2 wounds if they win the fight. The 2nd Infection landing on Alice randomly was cruel but that’s how it goes. Jake and the Sheriff losing their 1st Turn through Bickering set me off on the back foot. Losing the Signal Flare without a kill and the Police Shotgun after killing only 1 Zombie hurt too. The Bowling Alley is a tempting offer you can Search twice if you roll a 2+. I managed to roll 1 twice consecutively losing lots of cards. The Zombie player played well and went for the kills and played very well. I would recommend this expansion wholeheartedly. Be prepared for a tough but thrilling fight!

Please take a moment to comment.
To see Timber Peak scenario 2 go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...f-the-Dead
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2013, 08:25 AM
RE: TP Game Report 1 Learn To Survive
excellent report, thanks for it, it is better than reading reviews for TP. Keep up the great work Trev!
02-14-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: TP Game Report 1 Learn To Survive
(02-14-2013 08:25 AM)argailwall Wrote:  excellent report, thanks for it, it is better than reading reviews for TP. Keep up the great work Trev!

No problem argailwall. Reviews are all well and good, but I think it helps to see a game report too! The next game report will be another Timber Peak scenario. Coming soon...
02-14-2013, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 05:33 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
RE: Timber Peak Game Report 1 Learn To Survive
Very entertaining write up Trez - as ever!

I find the TP scenarios do play faster than most of the LNOE and it's other expansions. Excellent if you want a quick game and I'm happy to keep it as a stand-alone.
02-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Outstanding game report! Great pics too!
02-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Great Report but how did the Surfer Zombie get to Timber Creek?
Can't wait for your AToE Reports.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
02-15-2013, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 02:46 PM by samuraitrev.)
(02-14-2013 05:32 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Very entertaining write up Trez - as ever!

I find the TP scenarios do play faster than most of the LNOE and it's other expansions. Excellent if you want a quick game and I'm happy to keep it as a stand-alone.

Thanks Achtung Panzer. I agree it does play fast. As a stand alone expansion without the Survial Tactics, Unique Items, Zombies with Grave Weapons and Advanced Abilities. The fire and experience rules fit in pretty seemlessly in the 2 games I've played so far.

(02-14-2013 07:06 PM)zombie_slayer Wrote:  Outstanding game report! Great pics too!

Thanks for giving it a look and commenting.

(02-15-2013 12:39 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Great Report but how did the Surfer Zombie get to Timber Creek?
Can't wait for your AToE Reports.

OD

Thanks OD I imagine the surfer Zombie was probably a survivor using it as a weapon who got bit at some point and just can't seem to part with it.

I will get to grips with the AToE mechanics first and then post Game Reports. I hope you will find them enjoyable!
02-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Always love reading your reports. My group has played this one a couple times since my one gaming buddy has Timber Peak. It is a lot of fun. Honestly, a lot of times I tend not to like the scenarios that encourage the heroes to kill zombies that much. After all, that goes kind of counter to what heroes typically should want to do, which is to avoid fighting zombies if they can. This one is different, though. This one is a lot of fun. I have actually been able to play from both sides (zombies and heroes) on this one and have loved it from both sides.
02-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Sam I love reading your game reports... It's like reading zombie fiction. Very detailed. I love the photo's too. Fantastic!
02-16-2013, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 05:02 PM by samuraitrev.)
(02-15-2013 09:23 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Always love reading your reports. My group has played this one a couple times since my one gaming buddy has Timber Peak. It is a lot of fun. Honestly, a lot of times I tend not to like the scenarios that encourage the heroes to kill zombies that much. After all, that goes kind of counter to what heroes typically should want to do, which is to avoid fighting zombies if they can. This one is different, though. This one is a lot of fun. I have actually been able to play from both sides (zombies and heroes) on this one and have loved it from both sides.

Hi Staypuft thanks for having a look at this report. In the 1st 2 scenarios I've played as the Heroes. When I finish the 5 TP scenarios. I'm going to be the Zombies. (secretly my favorite sideZombie17)

(02-16-2013 04:13 PM)sdmfcrypticrob Wrote:  Sam I love reading your game reports... It's like reading zombie fiction. Very detailed. I love the photo's too. Fantastic!

Hi sdmfcrypticrob. Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy writing them and I'm glad you like the photos. I put a lot of time and work into these game reports so it's good to know some of you enjoy reading them.