Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber Peak Game Report 2 Mountain of the Dead
02-15-2013, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 06:01 PM by samuraitrev.)
Timber Peak Game Report 2 Mountain of the Dead
Hello and welcome to the 2nd Timber Peak Game Report. We played it as a stand alone expansion.

Scenario Special Rules: Always Zombie Heroes, Zombies Auto Spawn, Heroes Replenish, Radio Station, Generators (4).
Mission: The Heroes need to survive until morning. The Zombies need to destroy 3 Generators or kill 3 Heroes.
Board Sections (random): Hospital, Bowling Alley, Lumber Yard and the Refinery.
Characters (random): Nikki, Sally, Alice and Ed Baker.
Starting Zombies: 5
Turns: 10

H2H = Hand to hand

Pregame
Nikki starts in the Tavern with her Signal Flare. Sally arrives on the Road into Town near the Tavern. Alice and Ed are in separate buildings within the Radio Station. Ed has the (Melee) Upgrade: Knockback.

Ed: “Hey, Alice! Keep your eyes open, I’m going to try the radio again. This is Ed Baker at the Timber Peak Radio Station calling anyone out there. We need immediate evac. Our generators are giving out and we’re surrounded. I repeat if anyone can hear me send help. Over.”
Nikki: “This is Nikki. I’m across town. I’ve barricaded myself in the Tavern. I will try to join you. Be ready to open the doors. If we can survive until morning I will fly us the hell out of here. There’s another survivor here. I have to go. Over.”

Turn 1
Nikki: “I’m going to start a Fire! in the Tavern, hopefully some Zombies will be burnt. By the way the Refinery’s a Building Overrun that place has been Taken Over by the Zombies. I’m on my way, cover me. Over.”
Alice Searches the Radio Station and finds a Police Shotgun. She kills the Zombie nearest the Tavern door. Nikki makes it into the Radio Station and fires her Signal Flare, but it jams and won’t fire. She discards it. Ed finds a Pistol in the north Radio Station building.

Turn 2
Alice: “You made it, thank God! What do we do now?”
Nikki: “Thank you. Don’t Go In The Office Trailer, the Zombies are coming from there and the Lights are Out.”
Alice: “You’ve Gotta be Kidding! The Train Station’s on Fire! and full of Zombies too. This town’s done for!
Alice: “I’ll take care of them…”
The Generator in the Train Station is damaged by the fire. Alice kills 2 Zombies with the Police Shotgun and gets the Hero Upgrade: (Ranged) Crippling Hit. Ed Searches and finds a Survival Torch in the Radio Station.

Turn 3
Sally Searches and finds a Hand Axe in the Bowling Alley. Ed Searches in the Radio Station and finds some Bandages. He kills a Zombie in the Hardware Store with his Pistol.

Turn 4
The Tavern’s now a Building Overrun. The 1st Generator is destroyed in the Train Station by the fire. Nikki Searches the Radio Station and finds a Pump Shotgun. She fires it but it’s out of ammo and she discards it. Suddenly a Zombie bursts through the wall and attacks Nikki.
Alice: “Nikki, GET DOWN!”
Nikki hits the deck and Alice fires the Police Shotgun blasting the Zombie’s brains all over the walls. Nikki gets up and dusts herself off. Outside, Ed kills a Zombie with his Pistol.

Turn 5
Sally is all alone and feels like an Outsider. Alice breaks into tears trying to fight back the Haunted Memories of the last few days. A Zombie attacks Ed and he manages to Knock it back but breaks his Survival Torch in the process. Alice is wounded and the Zombies get an Upgrade. Ed shoots his Pistol kills the Zombie he Knockedback. As Ed’s a Fast Learner he gains a Hero Upgrade: (Melee) Killing Blow. Ed then heals Alice with 1 of his Bandages.

Turn 6
A Zombie with a broken ankle attacks Ed and wounds him. Alice and Ed then start Bickering about something extremely unimportant considering the situation. Across town Sally finds a Crate of Dynamite in the Bowling Alley.

Turn 7
Lights Out hits the north Radio Station building but for now the Generators keep the lights going. Ed kills a Zombie in H2H. Alice is wounded and Ed heals her with his Bandages. Nikki is wounded defending the Generators. The Zombies gain an Upgrade: Mistrust. Ed fires his Pistol and kills the 2 Zombies attacking the Generator. Nikki is halted by a Locked Door and gets a 2nd wound. She makes a Last Stand to protect the others and heals both wounds. She then fights the rest of the Zombies in H2H killing one, but gets wounded in the fight. Alice fires the Police Shotgun and kills a Zombie doctor. Ed Restocks his Bandages.

Turn 8
The Zombies attack! Alice is wounded and Nikki gets a 2nd wound. Ed heals 1 of Nikki’s wounds with his Bandages. Nikki gets another wound and Ed heals that wound with another Bandage. Ed fires his Pistol but it’s out of ammo he throws the gun at a Zombie’s head. Ed then heals 1 of Nikki’s wounds with his last Bandage. At that moment Samantha the DJ comes out of hiding and heals a wound from Nikki and Ed. Alice refuses Samantha’s help due to her Haunted Memories. Alice heals with her Ability Always on the Go and then Youth. Samantha then disappears under a swarm of Zombies and is messily devoured.

Turn 9
Ed becomes an Outsider blaming him self for Samantha’s death. Ed goes berserk and kills 2 Zombies in H2H and Boosts his Knockback Ability. Ed kills a 3rd Zombie in H2H by Bashing Zombie Heads together. Ed then Knocksback 4 Zombies out through the Radio Station window. The Zombies attack 1 of the Radio Station Generators and damage it. Ed Searches the Radio Station and finds a Lighter. He discards the Lighter to light a fire in the space with 4 Zombies. 1 of the Zombies is killed in the flames. Alice Searches the Radio Station and finds a Fuel Can. Nikki Searches in the Radio Station and finds a Survival Torch.

Turn 10
A Zombie attacks Ed and he kills it bellowing,
Ed: “Get Back You Devils!”
Sally finds some Bandages in the Bowling Alley. Miles The Blast Miner arrives in the nick of time and detonates an explosive outside the Radio Station killing 4 Zombies.

Result: Hero Victory (survived until morning)
Hero of the Game: Ed Baker (11 Zombie kills)
Weapon of Choice: Hand to Hand (6 kills)
Undead kill count: 20

Epilogue:Alice: “Look the sun’s coming up. We need to make a break for it.”
Miles: “Hurry! I’ll hold them off”.
Another explosion rocks the mountain as showers of decaying flesh shower from the sky.
Nikki: “Everyone on me, don’t fall behind. We’re heading for the aircraft and out of this place for good!
The Heroes charge out of the beaten Radio Station just as the Generators finally give out. Ed smashes the Zombies aside and a path is made through. The heroes escape to the airfield and approach the plane with caution…

Upon Reflection:
What a game! I don’t think I would have lasted another Turn. Apart from both Nikki’s weapons jamming on the 1st attempt things went really well. Sally was left in the Bowling Alley unchallenged if I were the Zombies I would have sent a Zombie or 2 her way just to make life uncomfortable. I couldn’t do a thing about the fire that started in the Train Station and destroyed the Generator there. I don’t think I could have protected it with my Heroes anyway. Ed’s Boosted Knockback ability probably saved Nikki’s and Alice’s lives too. I’m glad I got the guns early on and managed to hold on to them!

Please take a moment to comment.

To see the 3rd Timber Peak scenario go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...p-The-Town
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2013, 11:36 PM
RE: Timber Peak Game Report 2 Mountain of the Dead
Wow, another great game! My favorite victories are the ones where the heroes barely survive...
02-16-2013, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 03:52 PM by samuraitrev.)
(02-15-2013 11:36 PM)zombie_slayer Wrote:  Wow, another great game! My favorite victories are the ones where the heroes barely survive...

Thanks for checking it out zombie slayer. These 1st two games have been really close. The Heroes and the Generators were close to extinction!
02-19-2013, 07:14 PM
I don't use Wound markers for the generators - I just start with yellow and then flip to red (danger!) for the first wound and remove for the second.
02-19-2013, 10:44 PM
(02-19-2013 07:14 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  I don't use Wound markers for the generators - I just start with yellow and then flip to red (danger!) for the first wound and remove for the second.

Hmm never thought of that. Good ideaWatchmen02
02-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Just curious did you place the generators in buildings of your choice or was it random? We played we were able to choose but I'm thinking making it random would be tougher. It already is very hard with zombies auto spawn I fear those scenarios.
02-22-2013, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 06:11 PM by samuraitrev.)
(02-22-2013 04:12 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Just curious did you place the generators in buildings of your choice or was it random? We played we were able to choose but I'm thinking making it random would be tougher. It already is very hard with zombies auto spawn I fear those scenarios.

Hi alderdust,

In this scenario
'The Heroes place 4 Generators onto the board in any building spaces (limit 1 per building).' (my emphasis).

So the Heroes should choose the buildings, as you correctly did. It would be much harder if you did a house rule where the Generators were placed in random buildings as the chances are you'd get buildings with Spawning Pits.

With any scenario with the Zombies Auto Spawn you know the Heroes are going to be in for a tough time!Zombie13
02-22-2013, 07:00 PM
(02-19-2013 07:14 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  I don't use Wound markers for the generators - I just start with yellow and then flip to red (danger!) for the first wound and remove for the second.

That's exactly how we play it also. Watchmen02