Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber Peak Game Report 3 Blow Up The Town!
02-22-2013, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 11:59 AM by samuraitrev.)
Timber Peak Game Report 3 Blow Up The Town!
Hello and welcome to the 3rd Timber Peak Game Report. We played it as a stand alone expansion.

Scenario Special Rules: Always Zombie Heroes, Heroes Replenish.
Mission: The Heroes must place 4 explosives in the town. (1 on each L-section). The Zombies need to kill 2 Heroes.
Board Sections (random): Lumber Yard, Refinery, Power Relay Station and the Gym.
Characters (random): Ed Baker, Nikki, Jake Cartwright and Alice.
Starting Zombies: 6
Turns: 15

HU: = Hero Upgrade
ZU: = Zombie Upgrade

Pregame
Alice and Ed are eating canned food in the Diner. Ed has the HU: (melee) Knockback. Nikki is at the Town Centre next to the Detonator with her Signal Flare. Jake arrives on the Road into Town.

Ed: “So it’s decided we’re going to blow this town to hell”
Alice: “We haven’t any choice left. The town’s gone; it’s theirs now. Nikki’s at the Detonator. We just need the explosives…”
Ed: “Let’s finish eating, I feel stronger now. We need to search the town for explosives. I think I know where to look. Let’s go, and Alice, keep your eyes open. You know how I feel about you. It’s all going to be okay. Let’s search this place first.”

Turn 1
Alice Searches in the Diner and finds some Extra Ammo.

Turn 2
Jake creeps into the Lumber Yard but a Zombie is sat in the darkness and lashes out at him, wounding him with its festering talons. Alice is Always On The Go and finds a Lighter and a Pistol in the Diner. Ed Searches the Diner and finds some more Extra Ammo. Nikki makes it into the High School. Jake checks out the Detonator at the Town Centre.

Turn 3
Nikki makes a Hopeful Discovery whilst Searching in the High School. She finds a Crate of Dynamite. She fires her Signal Flare point blank into the face of a Zombie and its head lights up like a firework and explodes. Nikki is a Fast Learner and now gains the HU: (special) Lucky.

Turn 4
The Resourceful Jake makes a Hopeful Discovery in the Gym. He Searches and finds a Crate of Dynamite. Nikki places the 1st Explosive in the High School. Unfortunately while placing the explosives a Zombie managed to Shamble towards Nikki and wound her.

Turn 5
The dead in the Refinery awaken and the building becomes Taken Over. Nikki is no longer Lucky because of the Savagery of the Dead. Alice Searches in the Diner and finds a Hand Axe she then kills a Zombie monk with her Pistol. Nikki makes it into the Diner and gives Ed her Crate of Dynamite. Ed places the 2nd explosive in the Diner.

Turn 6
Nikki: “So far so good. We need to place two more explosives. Whatever you do, Don’t Go In The Gym. The Lights are out there and the Zombies are coming from there too. Oh yeah and the Lumber Yard’s a Building Overrun it’s been Taken Over by the Zombies. So what do we have here?”
Nikki Picks Up a Pump Shotgun from the Diner. She fires it and kills a Zombie but the gun only had 1 shell and is now discarded.

Turn 7
The Book Store is plunged into darkness as all the Lights go Out. Jake gets a 2nd wound in the Book Store. He realizes the fate of the town rests with him and he gets a Second Wind which heals all his wounds. Unfortunately the Zombie bite was Infected. The Zombies had gained an ZU: Concussion. Ed is wounded trying to force his way into the Train Station. Alice makes a Restock of her Extra Ammo. She kills the Zombie outside the Train Station with her Pistol. Nikki Picks Up the Pump Shotgun from the Diner after finding more shells. She kills a Zombie outside.

Turn 8
Two Fires! break out. One fire is outside the Train Station the other fire is next to the Book Store. Ed is wounded and one of his exits is blocked by the flames. Jake is wounded too. The Zombies get a ZU: Tainted. Alice kills the Zombie that attacked Ed with her Pistol. Ed places the 3rd Explosive in the Train Station.

Turn 9
Jake gets a 2nd wound and makes a Last Stand that heals all his wounds. The Zombie that wounded him had Endless Rage and Infected Jake for a 2nd time. Jake now succumbed to the Zombie plague, dropping the vital explosives from his dead hands… A new Hero arrives at the Town Centre, its Sheriff Anderson with his Police Shotgun. Ed gets a 3rd wound and loses his HU: Knockback because of the ZU: Concussion. The fire goes out next to the Train Station. Alice and Nikki decide it’s a good idea to start Bickering and forget to provide covering fire for Ed.

Turn 10
The Sheriff covers Ed’s retreat. The Sheriff then meets the attack outside the Train Station by 2 Zombies. The 1st Zombie wounds him and the 2nd Zombie gives him a 2nd wound. The Vicious Attack causes a 3rd wound and the Sheriff is killed.

Result: Zombie Victory (2 Heroes Killed)
Hero of the Game: Ed Baker (2 Explosives placed)
Weapon of Choice: Pistol (3 kills)
Undead kill count: 6

Epilogue:
Ed: “Alice, Nikki get out of here! I’ll be right behind you. The town’s theirs we have to get out of here. Run for the forests, I have a cabin up on the mountain, now go! The Zombies had claimed the logging town of Timber Peak.

Upon Reflection:
Arghhh! If only I could have kept Jake alive. He was surrounded by Zombies and fires but he was carrying the Crate of Dynamite. After he fell I still hoped I could find another explosive. In total Jake stacked up 7 wounds (2 healed with Second Wind, 2 healed with Last Stand and the last 3 killed him off) but nothing could keep him alive forever.

As we saw the Vicious Attack card is lethal. The Sheriff, armed with a Police Shotgun, was killed in 2 Turns! I didn't expect him to be killed so suddenly! The game was very close, as always and I definitely want another crack at this scenario!

Please take a moment to comment.

To see the next Timber Peak Game Report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...o-For-Help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2013, 01:16 AM
RE: Timber Peak Game Report 3 Blow Up The Town!
Nice job as always! I always throw up a little in my mouth when I see Vicious Attack played! Poor Sherriff didn't stand a chance. I won this scenario on the very last turn one game....I was lucky to keep my guns in play a long time.
02-23-2013, 01:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 01:36 AM by samuraitrev.)
(02-23-2013 01:16 AM)alderdust Wrote:  Nice job as always! I always throw up a little in my mouth when I see Vicious Attack played! Poor Sherriff didn't stand a chance. I won this scenario on the very last turn one game....I was lucky to keep my guns in play a long time.

Thanks for your continued support of my Game Reports. Yeah the poor Sheriff got owned! Vicious Attack is a card the Heroes should fear...
In fact when I experiment with mixing Timber Peak with the base game I can see Vicious Attack taking out lots of Students with ease...
02-23-2013, 04:05 AM
Nice work, Trev...
I know pratically nothing about Timber Peak, but it seems like a load of fun!

Keep the reports coming Zombie03
02-28-2013, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 04:27 AM by sgiove.)
Great report, Trev. I have Timber Peak, but haven't played yet. Reports from others always make me more excited to play myself.

Also, a minor edit to be made - in the end of game recap, I believe you only two Heroes were killed (Jake and The Sheriff), correct?
02-28-2013, 01:36 PM
(02-28-2013 04:25 AM)sgiove Wrote:  Great report, Trev. I have Timber Peak, but haven't played yet. Reports from others always make me more excited to play myself.

Also, a minor edit to be made - in the end of game recap, I believe you only two Heroes were killed (Jake and The Sheriff), correct?

Hi sgiove,

Thanks for checking out the Game Report and commenting. If you look here (at the top of the report), it should make sense.

'Mission: The Heroes must place 4 explosives in the town. (1 on each L-section). The Zombies need to kill 2 Heroes.'

Thanks again and the next report is coming soon!
03-01-2013, 04:47 AM
You should write a short novel... I love the game reports, I like the added little graphics to the pics...

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2013, 01:28 PM
(03-01-2013 04:47 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  You should write a short novel... I love the game reports, I like the added little graphics to the pics...

Cheers friskers! I'm glad you approve and you like the new graphics, It all takes me extra time but if it adds to the reports its all good.Watchmen02