Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lame Game Report - Search for Truth on the brief tip
04-08-2013, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2013 01:45 PM by maxfool.)
Lame Game Report - Search for Truth on the brief tip
Lame game report to share. Watchmen02

Sorry....only 1 pic.
Wanted to introduce some friends to SotF. So we decided to play the Search for Truth scenario.

EDIT - Heroes used - Sheriff A., Jake, Sam, Stacy.

What an awesome game!!!
I used the Zombies and three of my buddies used the Heroes, with one using two heroes to prevent the Split Zombie side.

Basically the heroes won because of "Move the Sun Track marker back one turn" card. I don't recall the title.

Even though I lost, I love the way I did with the Heroes tactics.
First time my friends were introduced to barricades, they basically hunkered down in the General Store with barricades and some reinforcements. The General Store is a 1-2 numbered building. I couldn't get in and they kept searching the Unique Items. By turn 11 they found a C record which had them Confront the Townspeople.

I made minor dents in their barricades due some some poor spawning. Then they found the B Records around turn 9 which made the final location the Plant only 3 tiles away. ARGHHHH!!!!

So now I get to auto spawn. With a furious attack of Grave Weapon zombies I kept them stuck in the General Store with very minimal movement. A handful of multiple 1 rolls forced them to lose their ranged weapons.

They finally inched their way into Gun Shop got hunting rifles, moved right next to the plant and kept picking off my newly spawned Zombies through the wall. Having to spread newly spawned zombies really worked against me. The only thing saving me was the pit in the plant. It kept them from moving in right away. I got multiple Shamble cards but why is it that when I use them I get 1s and 2s. ARGHHH!!!

So it was turn number 5 and they had the two townsfolk required and the two records. They make their way into the plant. I start turning in spawns into Grave Weapon Zombies. I had to go for the kill.

Turn 2, Got to two heroes killed in the plant thanks to Machete and Old Pitchfork, controlling two Zombie Heroes, but when I got that second Zombie hero they played that move sun track marker back one turn card. ARGHHHHH.

Hero's turn, sun track marker at turn 2 part 2...they reveal their townsfolk, survive and win.
Insane19

and happy at the same time. An epic!!

EDIT - I forgot I had one pic!!! Shows Game ending.

I really like the scenario and the randomness of it by the order that the records are found.

I think some things that hindered me were my decisions to use Grave Weapons at times when they were easily picked off. Wasted my numbers effect.

Was a great night! Loving this game more as I feel more comfortable with the rules.
Hopefully next time I can provide more details, but going all on memory now.

If it was the last night on earth...I would spend it playing the Last Night on Earth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2013, 06:29 AM
RE: Lame Game Report - Search for Truth on the brief tip
E..P..I..C.. Sounds like an awesome game, I love it when they get to the wire like that..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2013, 07:07 AM
(04-08-2013 06:29 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  E..P..I..C.. Sounds like an awesome game, I love it when they get to the wire like that..

Yes. It was awesome. Really did feel like a movie.
Watchmen02

If it was the last night on earth...I would spend it playing the Last Night on Earth.
04-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the game report. Sounds like a good game. It's always tough when to use Grave Weapon Zombies. I tend to find they really come in to their own in the Zombies Auto Spawn scenarios.Zombie13

The Heroes can be hard to shift if they're in the Gun Shop with Hunting Rifles and in a position to fire twice each Turn too! Poor Zombies Insane19
04-08-2013, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2013 08:30 PM by maxfool.)
(04-08-2013 03:10 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Thanks for the game report. Sounds like a good game. It's always tough when to use Grave Weapon Zombies. I tend to find they really come in to their own in the Zombies Auto Spawn scenarios.Zombie13

The Heroes can be hard to shift if they're in the Gun Shop with Hunting Rifles and in a position to fire twice each Turn too! Poor Zombies Insane19

Yes. It was difficult, except for a stretch where my wife kept running out of ammo. But she was then able to pick it back up again.
Very fun.

Oh and the armor is too powerful for the heroes.
Insane19