Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber Peak Game Report 4 Radio For Help.
03-06-2013, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 10:35 PM by samuraitrev.)
Timber Peak Game Report 4 Radio For Help.
Hello and welcome to the 4th Timber Peak Game Report. We played it as a stand alone expansion.

Scenario Special Rules: Always Zombie Heroes, Heroes Replenish, Radio Station, Generators (1), Number Counters (8).
Mission: The Heroes have to find the Tools and the Repair Parts and get them to the Radio Station (Sound Booth). Zombies win by destroying the Generator or killing 3 Heroes.
Board Sections (random): Gym, Refinery, Bowling Alley and the Hospital.
Characters (random): Jake Cartwright, Sally, Ed Baker and Nikki.
Starting Zombies: 3
Turns: 12

H2H = Hand to Hand combat
HU: = Hero Upgrade
ZU: = Zombie Upgrade

Pregame
All 4 Heroes start in the Radio Station. Nikki has her Signal Flare. Ed has the HU: (Melee) Combat Prowess.
Ed: “Look the radio’s totally fried. There’s no way I can fix this piece of junk without the right tools and I need some spare parts.”
Nikki: “How do we call for help?”
Jake: “Simple flygirl. We fix it or we’re Zed food. We fan out through the town and find your damn stuff. It’s all for nothing if this generator goes. Sally can you cover this?”
Sally: “If you’re going out there make it quick!”

Turn 1
Ed Searches in the Radio Station and finds a Pistol. Nikki makes it into a deserted Tavern and is confronted by a Zombie. She fires her Signal Flare and the Zombie’s head melts with the heat. A sickening stench fills the air. The Resourceful Jake Searches in the Radio Station and finds a Pick Axe.

Turn 2
Ed Searches in the Radio Station and finds a Police Shotgun. Sally takes Ed’s Police Shotgun. Jake Searches in the Radio Station and finds another Police Shotgun! Nikki Searches in the Tavern for the Tools or Radio Parts and finds nothing useful.

Turn 3
The Zombies are the Smouldering Dead. The flames don’t seem to bother them. Nikki gets her 1st wound in the Tavern. The Vicious Attack causes a 2nd wound and its Infected. Nikki has the Will To Survive and 1 of her wounds is healed. Sally makes her way into the deserted High School. Bodies lay strewn everywhere.

Turn 4
The wounded Nikki gets back into the Radio Station. Sally Searches the High School for the Tools or the Repair Parts but finds nothing useful. Ed makes it into the Gym. Jake makes it into the Bowling Alley.

Turn 5
The situation was getting dire. It had become the Terror at Timber Peak. A Fire! breaks outside the Radio Station door, frighteningly close to the Generator. The 1st Zombie had smashed its way into the Radio Station. Ed felt afraid and alone, he was beginning to feel like the Outsider of the group. Sally prepared to leave the High School and protect the Generator but found the Door Locked. Ed and Jake both Searched between the Gym and the Bowling Alley for the Tool kit or Repair Parts, neither of them found anything of use.

Turn 6
Ed: “Don’t Go In The Refinery. The Zombies are coming from there and the lights are out.”
Sally: “The sooner we can get out of here the better. I wonder how the others are doing?”
Nikki is involved in a Vicious Attack in the Radio Station as she desperately tries to protect the Generator. She is wounded twice and is killed. Her corpse arises again as a Zombie Hero. The Zombies get their 1st ZU: A New Hero arrives in the Radio Station, its Alice. Alice Searches to find the nearest thing to use as a weapon and finds a Logging Axe. Sally shoots and kills the Zombie child that had killed Nikki with her Police Shotgun. Jake gets into the Train Station. All is quiet…

Turn 7
A new Fire! Breaks out within the Radio Station. Sally wounds Zombie Hero Nikki in H2H. Jake Searches in the Train Station for the Tools or Repair Parts but finds nothing. Alice Searches in the Radio Station and finds a Lighter. Miles: The Blast Miner arrives and The Terror at Timber Peak is finally over.
Miles: “I know where to get help, you guys hole up here I will get help.”
The other Heroes prayed he would return. Ed fires his Pistol twice, he wounds Zombie Hero Nikki and kills a child Zombie. Sally retreats but fires her Police Shotgun as she does so, killing Zombie Hero Nikki. The Police Shotgun is then discarded, out of ammo. She gained a HU: but this is cancelled due to the ZU: Concussion.

Turn 8
Sally’s Haunted Memories of escaping Woodinvale come flooding back and for a moment she’s catatonic. Jake is attacked in the Train Station by a child Zombie and smashes its head in with his Pick Axe. Sally is attacked by a Zombie in evening dress she manages to pound its head into rotting mush. The fire spreads in the Radio Station. Ed makes it into the Hospital he kills a Zombie on his way in with a Pistol head shot. Jake makes his way over to the Refinery, he can here several Zombies shuffling around inside. He pulls the trigger of his Police Shotgun and the Zombie slumped against the door goes flying back in a shower of putrid filth.

Turn 9
Alice is attacked in the Hardware Store and manages to kill the Zombie with her Logging Axe. Sally gets her 1st wound in the Radio Station. Jake kills a Zombie in the Refinery with his Police Shotgun. Jake gained a HU: (Ranged) Save Some Shots. Ed Searches in the Hospital and finds an old radio to use as the Repair Parts. Alice Searches the Hardware Store and finds a set of Tools to fix the radio.

Turn 10
Ed: “Oh my God! Half of the Radio Station's a Building Overrun and the Lights are Out in there too. Alice we need to get in there. It’s our only chance!”
Sally is attacked by 3 hungry Zombies and her luck runs out as she is feasted upon. Her corpse rises again as a Zombie Hero. The Zombies get the ZU: Starving Dead. A new Hero arrives at the Radio Station, its Sheriff Anderson armed with his Police Shotgun. Jake is attacked in the Refinery and manages to kill the Zombie in H2H. Jake arrives too late to save Sally, he fires the Police Shotgun into the feasting Zombies killing 1 of them. The Sheriff Searches in the Radio Station and finds some Bandages.
Sheriff: “JAKE! STAND ASIDE!”
The Sheriff fires his Police Shotgun from the Radio Station window, 2 Zombie drop to the ground, dead.

Turn 11
Jake is attacked by Zombie Hero Sally and gets his 1st wound. His Pick Axe breaks in the fight. Ed rushes through the flames only to find the Door Locked, perhaps the heat had warped the door. He would have to break it down! Ed is wounded by the flames. Alice runs through the flames and is wounded as she gets to the Sound Booth. The Sheriff charges through the inferno unscathed. He heals Ed and Alice’s wounds with his Bandages. Jake wounds Zombie Hero Sally and gets the HU: (Special) Lucky.

Turn 12
2 Shambling Zombies make it to the Radio Station, 1 of them is blocking the door. The Sheriff fires his Police Shotgun and misses. Jake fires his Police Shotgun and kills it. Ed smashes through the door and runs through the flames. He’s wounded again but he makes it to the Sound Booth.

Result: Hero Victory (The Heroes retrieved the Tools and Repair Parts and got them to the Sound Booth)
Hero of the Game: Ed Baker (Returned the Repair Parts, Searched another location and killed 2 Zombies)
Weapon of Choice: Police Shotgun (8 kills)
Undead kill count: 15

Epilogue:
Sheriff: “Okay that should do it. Hello this is Sheriff Anderson of Woodinvale Police Department calling anyone who can hear this. We’re trapped at the Timber Peak logging town. We’re calling from the Radio Station. We require immediate rescue. Do you copy? Over”
Alice: “Do you think they heard it?”
Ed: “Shhh! Something’s coming through”
Voice: “This is Kestrel 249 we receive you load and clear. we were notified by one of your buddies, Miles. He's in bad shape, but he'll live. How many survivors with you? Any wounded? There’s not many of us left, but we’re on our way, ETA 20 minutes. Get your asses on the roof!”

Upon Reflection:
Again, a very close game! If Jake hadn’t killed that Zombie blocking the door, Ed would have been forced to stop and fight the Zombie. He would not have made it to the Sound Booth for the last turn. It’s that kind of move that can make or break a Hero’s chances. The luck of a single die roll, a 50/50 in this case with the Police Shotgun. Obviously it’s the game as a whole it’s judged by but still; I would have been gutted at being stooped there, when so close. It really is a game that can go either way. I was damn lucky to get 2 Police Shotguns and a Pistol by Turn 2. If I’d been the Zombies I would have just headed straight for the 1 Generator and tried to destroy it. The Zombies did play well killing 2 of my Heroes, if 1 more had died it would have been a Zombie victory. I would like to play this scenario soon as the Zombies and make a Zed line for that Generator!

Please take a moment to comment.

To see the 5th Timber Peak Game Report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...kest-Night
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 05:41 AM
RE: Timber Peak Game Report 4 Radio For Help.
Great report, keep em coming... I need to read up on fires too, I haven't introduced them yet...

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2013, 01:34 PM
(03-06-2013 05:41 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  Great report, keep em coming... I need to read up on fires too, I haven't introduced them yet...

Hey as long as 1 person reads these I will keep posting them. The fire rules fit in pretty seamlessly. I recommend you use them. They really put a different angle to the game in regards to thematics and tactics.

In some games the fires don't really cause too much trouble but in this scenario (if Alice had 1 wound left) it would have cost the Heroes the game. She would have been charcoaled in that fire.

Thanks for reading and commenting! I really appreciate every comment I get.
03-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Nice one man I haven't got to play this scenario yet! Looks like alot of fun I was saving it til the end cause it looked the most complicated.
03-07-2013, 07:00 PM
(03-07-2013 01:01 AM)alderdust Wrote:  Nice one man I haven't got to play this scenario yet! Looks like alot of fun I was saving it til the end cause it looked the most complicated.

It was great fun. Very tense!
Place 8 Number tokens in random buildings.
Roll 2 d6 re-roll ties those numbers are the Repair Parts and Tools.
Get out there and find them. (easy eh?)
Return them to the Sound Booth (The 2 Space Room with the record decks in the middle of the Radio Station).

Protect that Generator too. Even if it means losing a Hero or 2...

Let me know how it goes mate.
03-07-2013, 07:21 PM
I'd love to try and barricade the carp outa this place... Pulled it off in the mansion, 2 heros out kiting and two barricading and using ranged attacks.. Things got rough when grave weapons hit the deck but horrible zombie rolls kept em out to the manor.. I really wanna give this one a go but like alderdust said it looks to be the most involved

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2013, 03:55 PM
It's a top scenario and that's a top write-up story Trev!
03-09-2013, 07:56 PM
well written recap. love the pictures, descriptions, et cetra. I shall have to consider documenting a game sometime. seems epic...

"with just a touch of my burning hand..."
03-09-2013, 10:36 PM
(03-09-2013 07:56 PM)aldrichgreg Wrote:  well written recap. love the pictures, descriptions, et cetra. I shall have to consider documenting a game sometime. seems epic...

Thanks for checking out the game report. I'm playing a game tonight so the next report will be coming soon.
03-16-2013, 01:55 AM
Keep 'em coming! I thoroughly enjoyed this. Watchmen02