Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber Peak Game Report 5 Darkest Night
03-10-2013, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 03:33 PM by samuraitrev.)
Timber Peak Game Report 5 Darkest Night
Hello and welcome to the 5th Timber Peak Game Report. This scenario is available to download free from Flying Frog’s website here http://www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonearth/ We played it as a stand alone expansion.

Scenario Special Rules: Always Zombie Heroes, Zombies Auto Spawn, Heroes Replenish, Radio Station, Number Counters (8).
Mission: The Heroes must find the 2 Fuel Cans and get them to the Radio Station. The Zombies win by killing 3 Heroes or killing Samantha the DJ.
Board Sections (random): 5 randomly placed. The 6th tile (Train Station l-Section) is always placed in the same position, at the bottom of the map.
Characters (random): Sally, Alice, Ed Baker and Nikki.
Starting Zombies: 3
Turns: 15

H2H = Hand to Hand combat
HU: = Hero Upgrade
ZU: = Zombie Upgrade

Pregame
Sally: “Look, Samantha’s trapped up there. The fuel’s running out, if those generators go down there’ll be no way to ever contact the outside world. We have to find some fuel and keep that radio station sending out the distress call.”
All 4 Heroes start on the Train Station track. Nikki has her Signal Flare. Ed Baker starts with the HU: (special) Shrug It Off. The Radio Station has 5 Fuel Tokens remaining.

Turn 1
Nikki: “You’ve Got To Be Kidding! The Refinery’s nearly full of Zombies. This was a bad idea…”
Nikki is attacked and wounded by an old woman Zombie. The Unrelenting Attack continues and Nikki gets a 2nd wound. The Radio Station is down to 4 Fuel Tokens. Nikki manages to crawl forward and discards her Signal Flare and heals 1 wound with her Rescue Gear ability coming into play.

Turn 2
The sheer Terror at Timber Peak consumes Ed and he becomes an Outsider. Nikki is wounded again in the Refinery and the Zombies gain a ZU. Nikki is attacked by a 2nd Zombie and killed. Her corpse rises once more as a Zombie Hero. A New Hero arrives in the Refinery moments too late to help, its Jake Cartwright. Alice is attacked and wounded by Superman Zombie. Ed manages to make it into the Diner, all is quiet…

Turn 3
Jake: “This Refinery Building’s Overrun the Zombies have Taken Over. I’m outta here!”
The Radio Station is down to 3 Fuel Tokens. Instead of making an escape through the pinch point Alice and Sally decide it’s a good idea to start Bickering.
Alice: “We can’t just leave Nikki to die, you cold hearted bitch!”
Sally: “You heard the screams Nikki’s gone. We’ve got to keep going. If you go back there you’re dead too. AIEEEEE!”
Ed Searches the Diner for some Fuel but finds nothing of use.

Turn 4
Sally is pounced upon by the Superman Zombie and wounded, the Vicious Attack wounds her again and she’s killed. To Alice’s horror she rises again as a Zombie Hero. The Zombies get a 2nd ZU. A New Hero arrives at the Power Relay Station its Sheriff Anderson armed witha Police Shotgun and a plan to save what’s left of the survivors.
Jake: “Get Back You Devils
Jake kills Zombie Hero Nikki in H2H and gets the HU: (special) First Aid. Jake kills another Zombie in H2H. Jake gets his 1st wound and its Infected. Jake gets a 2nd wound from a Zombie and because he was previously Infected a 3rd wound is caused by the Infection and Jake is killed.

Result: Zombie Victory (3 Heroes killed)
Hero of the Game: Ed Baker (He Searched 1 location for the Fuel)
Weapon of Choice: Hand to Hand (2 kills)
Undead kill count: 2

Epilogue:Sheriff: “Pssst! Ed over here. We need to make a tactical retreat. Samantha will just have to make the best of it.”
Ed: “A friendship with Samantha is not lightly thrown aside.
One ill turn deserves another. It is over.”
Sheriff: “Embrace the power of the Police Shotgun or embrace your own destruction!
Ed: “There is only one Lord of Timber Peak”. Only one who can bend it to his will and the Zombie does not share power. (leaves)
Sheriff: “So you have chosen death.”

Upon Reflection:
Oh the Horror! The fastest defeat ever. I got hit with everything horrible right off the bat. You’ve Got To Be Kidding filled the Refinery almost full of Zombies. Nikki was mincemeat. Bickering is soooo annoying too and Vicious Attack claims another Hero (Sally). Jake appeared in the worst random building he could have. That been said I still enjoyed the game. There’s no Hero starting cards either that means I had no way of blocking powerful cards such as Terror at Timber Peak and Vicious Attack. I think I was a little unlucky and I'm not sure how I could have pulled a win out of that one. Oh well better luck next time!

Please take a moment to comment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2013, 11:00 AM
RE: Timber Peak Game Report 5 Darkest Night
I've played this scenario and it's normally quite close - so you probably were unlucky.

I see it reads "All 4 Heroes start at the Train Station" but you started on the tracks and so couldn't search in your first turn. Is that correct?
03-15-2013, 03:32 PM
(03-15-2013 11:00 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  I see it reads "All 4 Heroes start at the Train Station" but you started on the tracks and so couldn't search in your first turn. Is that correct?

Yes. I meant on the Train Station tile. The Heroes do start on the tracks. Sorry for the confusion. I will edit it.Watchmen02
03-15-2013, 04:08 PM
(03-15-2013 03:32 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(03-15-2013 11:00 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  I see it reads "All 4 Heroes start at the Train Station" but you started on the tracks and so couldn't search in your first turn. Is that correct?

Yes. I meant on the Train Station tile. The Heroes do start on the tracks. Sorry for the confusion. I will edit it.Watchmen02

Oh, I didn't realise that the Heroes start on the tracks. That does slow them down in terms of searching, but at least it avoids being trapped by fire or the victim of a surge of zombie shamble cards as happened in one of my games!

Great write-up BTW
03-15-2013, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 04:15 PM by samuraitrev.)
(03-15-2013 04:08 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(03-15-2013 03:32 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  

Oh, I didn't realise that the Heroes start on the tracks. That does slow them down in terms of searching, but at least it avoids being trapped by fire or the victim of a surge of zombie shamble cards as happened in one of my games!

Great write-up BTW

Thanks for commenting and reading the game report Achtung Panzer.
03-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Ouch this one looked like it stung a bit
03-21-2013, 04:14 PM
(03-21-2013 04:08 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Ouch this one looked like it stung a bit

I was like WTF? Before I knew what was happening it was all over and the Zombies had settled down to a good feed. Like I say I still enjoyed it even though I got mauled/pwnedZombie17