Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber Peak and the Original LNOE to mix or not to mix?
12-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Timber Peak and the Original LNOE to mix or not to mix?
Just got Timber Peak and was wondering if people enjoyed it more being mixed into the original or not?

Do people mix the entire thing together or do you choose to mix in bits and pieces?

I was thinking of mixing them as I don't like the idea of the Original and GH expansion not being played ever again...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 09:50 PM
RE: Timber Peak and the Original LNOE to mix or not to mix?
We have mixed all the cards together in our group. We enjoy getting a taste of all the cards as opposed to leaving any behind, so to speak.

When we play we draw from a random deck of scenario cards, which includes the Web content and exclusives, as well as some fan-made stuff. It would be cumbersome and bothersome to have to determine when the particular scenario was published and dreamed up in order to determine what cards to include. So for us all the cards in one deck makes the deck universal.

Some folks play by theme though - either pre-TP or post-TP, and so they keep their cards separated.

It comes down to a matter of brains...er..that is - taste.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
12-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Mix it all up. I played 10 games of TP as a stand alone game and in my opinion I found it's better mixed.
More scenario choices, locations, characters and cards plus more tactical choices.
12-03-2013, 02:00 AM
I have timber peak seperate for now and added some web content to slice it up. I like keeping TP for shorter sessions.
12-03-2013, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 04:02 AM by ForestRunner.)
I think I'm in the minority according to general consensus on the Forums.

We've elected to stick to the story type structure as initially promoted in the original LNOE. So everything pre-TP represents the opening chapter in the Zombie Apocalypse... and Timber Peak represents the second chapter. I've added other web exclusives (so I have duplicates for "standard" LNOE + TP) and the web-based scenario we got for Halloween 2012. Soon to add to this "second chapter" will be the Hold the Line web exclusive and Blood in the Forest in the new year.

Considering Timber Peak has survivors from Woodinvale, with the rulebook hinting at more survivors, it seemed the logical way forward for us. It works and it's fun, and I guess that's what counts at the end of the day.

Might be a minority perspective, but shows either way can still work depending on what you and your gaming group want out of it.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
12-03-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm with you ForestRunner. I see LNOE and TP as two separate films.
12-03-2013, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 11:34 AM by ForestRunner.)
Bazinga, AP! To me Woodinvale and Timber Peak "feel" different.

Suggestion is there is more to the "second film"... We know about the Hold the Line supplement and Blood in the Forest. Confirmed.

The SoB kickstarter hinted at further LNOE content where the pledger would be in zombie costume. Hero Pack 2 is told in the FFP's AMA recently undertaken.

Would question manageability of absolutely everything in one game once more and more content rolls in, let alone being able to store/carry/transport the lot... then there's the survivor aspect we see in TP.

That's my take on things.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
12-03-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm a mix it all up kind of guy. I have LNoE, GH, SoF, TP and some web exclusives all together in a mega storage box. As has been said, all down to personal choice but we love playing it this way...... when my 'non-gamer' friends and family get together this is always the game they ask to play, so works for me. Watchmen02
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Wink RE: Timber Peak and the Original LNOE to mix or not to mix?
(12-03-2013 11:16 AM)Sarge Wrote:  ...when my 'non-gamer' friends and family get together this is always the game they ask to play, so works for me. Watchmen02

We just bought LNOE in August at GenCon. We have all the available content now and we mix it all. We too now have family members and friends requesting it at game night!! Watchmen02

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
12-04-2013, 04:54 AM
Mix it