Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber Peak and the Original LNOE to mix or not to mix?
02-10-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: Timber Peak and the Original LNOE to mix or not to mix?
It might have been a one off, just put me off mega decks. And I sometimes like to keep the original game separate for back to basic games. As if the apocalypse has just started and you find an axe outside the barn or a pistol in the bedside table. Then move onto hunting rifle, jump leads and a full on hedge trimmer, day 2 off the apocalypse once you have accepted that the dead have returned
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 03:35 AM
(02-09-2014 08:51 PM)Fizzgaz Wrote:  I know I am late to the thread but I just stumbled across it. Mixing all the decks to me doesn't work if you need gasoline for the scenario and they end up at the bottom of a 200 strong pile it ruins the game. If you don't get close to the hero pile running out you lose that part of the strategy and the original games were designed with no upgrade no extra special uber weapons and I think introducing loads of stuff over powers the little games.
Just my opinion to shoot me, at least not in the head

Multiplying the Hero cards removed by Zombie cards by 3 helps reveal Scenario Search Items fairly quickly - and also jumpstarts the discard pile for Building Pickup abilities. It manages to stay fairly balanced.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
02-12-2014, 03:29 AM
Now with BitF, I have finally split my decks. If I'm playing a TP or BitF scenario we play with those 2 decks combined, any other scenario from base game, SotF, or GH is all Decks except those two. My theory is it will play well as the 2 deck combo has specific cards revolving around the XP system, whereas the other decks do not. I feel it gets more of the cards that actually pertain to that setting out in play. Although a defend the manor house using Forest ring, grave weapons and zombie champions, and XP sounds like quite the intense battle...
02-12-2014, 10:08 AM
(02-12-2014 03:29 AM)Apocalypse Wrote:  Now with BitF, I have finally split my decks. If I'm playing a TP or BitF scenario we play with those 2 decks combined, any other scenario from base game, SotF, or GH is all Decks except those two. My theory is it will play well as the 2 deck combo has specific cards revolving around the XP system, whereas the other decks do not. I feel it gets more of the cards that actually pertain to that setting out in play. Although a defend the manor house using Forest ring, grave weapons and zombie champions, and XP sounds like quite the intense battle...

Totally agree. Also, combining everything reduces the chances of Fire. I see LNOE and TP/BitF as two separate films.
02-13-2014, 01:37 AM
I just feel if I split the decks the original would never get played...so I combine so everything I invested in gets play time.
06-10-2014, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2023 07:23 PM by Russ.)
Timber Peak and the Original LNOE to mix or not to mix?
Just feels wrong to me to mix. TP is clearly a sequel. Am I to shuffle the game boards so that Woodenvale is hodge-podged with a logging camp? Poppycock! Humbug!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
06-11-2014, 04:41 PM
(06-10-2014 03:01 AM)Russ Wrote:  Just feels wrong to me to mix. TP is clearly a sequel. Am I to shuffle the game boards so that woodenvale is hogue-poged with a logging camp? Poppycock! Humbug!

I'm with you on this one. Both thematically and storywise TP is set after the events of the first game. Since a game doesn't take that long to play, and we almost always get through at least two games in one night, I always strive to first play a game on the base game, and then the next on TP.

It adds to the overall feel, and, if playing the Escape in the Truck scenario for the first game, makes the outcome of the first game matter, as the survivors move over to TP.

- Let's go. Stay close to me.
10-26-2014, 11:47 PM
I havent picked up timber peak yet, but when i do I will probably keep that separate for at least a little bit. I have all of the others combined, but it might be nice to experience all the new togeether first for a bit and get familiar with the cards.
09-18-2015, 12:27 PM
I personally play with TP and the base game, and it is great, but takes longer, so really it depends on how much time you have.
04-18-2016, 11:42 PM
My game group played a couple games the other night with both decks plus all the other content cards for the hero and zombie decks. (think i am only missing a few cards at most). The issue we ran into was with the Hero deck. Both games we never drew a single ranged weapons except for the signal flare. Other than that the games ran fairly smoothly.