Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber Peak - is it worth it?
08-11-2016, 11:36 PM
Timber Peak - is it worth it?
After getting LNOE, I wanted to get some expansions. I got Growing Hunger for the extra rules, survival of the fittest for the extra decks, grave dead and radioactive zombies for the extra miniatures. I'm considering Blood in the Forest next for the zombie champions but is Timber Peak worth getting if you already have the original game?

As far as I understand, it's basically a second edition of the base game rather than expansion and has alternate versions of the same characters and some of the rules from IFOS (which I also have). So is there anything in there worth having apart from extra cards a few extra heroes?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2016, 03:30 AM
RE: Timber Peak - is it worth it?
Yep!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2016, 08:58 AM
Such as?
08-12-2016, 03:08 PM
More of everything, not just heroes and cards... Including: board pieces, and some wilderness scenarios that use alternate board configurations.
08-12-2016, 07:53 PM
Are the alternate models of Sheriff, Sally and Jake just variant poses? I presume they have different skills? Has anyone ever tried using both versions of a hero in one game? You could pretend its Sheriff Anderson and his deputy, Sally's and her twin sister Cally, or (particularly with IFOS) Jake prime and an alternate reality Jake from Earth-2...
08-12-2016, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2016 09:50 PM by mqstout.)
They're completely different heroes with the same name. There are rules for using the 'original' and 'survivor' versions together, I believe. I don't recall off-hand.
08-17-2016, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2016 04:34 PM by Billy Bones.)
Buy it.

So many additional items for scenarios and ideas to tweak for your own custom games.

(Plus, see if can collect them all and figure out the underlying story...)
08-17-2016, 08:08 PM
Timber Peak has a lot of really awesome features! As I see it, they are:

* Fire tokens and fire rules!!! Including cards in the decks that cause fires to break out.
* Tokens for the experience system and upgrade decks. Although you also get this with Blood in the Forest, this set has about twice as many upgrade cards.
* L-Boards with Trees on them (really function the same as manor house stairway, but in more places)
* Tree markers.
* Generators!!! (Used in some scenarios with pretty neat rules.)
* The radio station center board
* Alice the Diner Waitress, Nikki the Bush Pilot, and Ed Baker the Lumberjack. These characters are superb for adding more roleplaying fun into the mix.
* The fact that it turns LNoE into a thinly veiled homage to the Twin Peaks television series (a concept which is continued by Blood in the Forest) giving you access to hours of slightly tangential, not quite applicable back-story for alternate-universe variations of all the characters.
* The printed rulebook for Timber Peak is a nicer roll-up of previous rules, and has many small improvements and clarifications over the base game. It is the better rulebook to have if you're trying to introduce new players to the game.
* Four new scenario cards, and access to one more Free Web Scenario that requires TP in order to play it.
08-18-2016, 12:06 AM
Cheers for the info everyone. I'll think I'll get it once I can track down a UK seller of Blood in the Forest, if only to complete the set.
08-23-2016, 08:46 PM
(08-18-2016 12:06 AM)Capey Wrote:  Cheers for the info everyone. I'll think I'll get it once I can track down a UK seller of Blood in the Forest, if only to complete the set.

I believe it's now back in print so they should both be available in the UK soon. If you live locally (Bedfordshire) I'd be happy to put on a game for you to try first