Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timber peak zombies underpowered
11-14-2013, 05:19 PM
RE: Timber peak zombies underpowered
I guess I never even gave a thought to trying it as a stand alone game. As soon as I got it I mixed everything together. Randomly drew the board tiles, characters, and shuffled all of the cards together. I like the potential of everything being random and so many varied things that you may come across. I suppose it's all a matter of preference, but I love the chaos!

"Sometimes dead is better."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2013, 05:27 PM
cool, thanks!
11-14-2013, 09:20 PM
I think it's cool that people want to keep the games seperate like it's a chronological story and driven by character development (and survival). I nearly took this choice myself.

Base game Woodinvale ---> survivors make it to Timber Peak -----> survivors make it to Blood in the Forest (Airport)

As for me I'm all in with everything I just like an excuse to use every board section, character and card. Plus gameplay wise it adds more unpredictability. I will admit playing them seperate does have its own flavour of story modeZombie17 There's nothing to stop any player chopping and changing plus TP is a shorter game if you haven't got a long game session...
11-15-2013, 07:41 AM
(11-14-2013 09:20 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Base game Woodinvale ---> survivors make it to Timber Peak -----> survivors make it to Blood in the Forest (Airport)

Impression I got was Blood in the Forest was to be an expansion to Timber Peak?? - ie the woods surrounding the town, with potential dash to the airfield.

Just thinking aloud.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
11-15-2013, 05:27 PM
(11-13-2013 09:04 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  So looks like our group is in the minority.

We've elected to stick to the story type structure as initially promoted in the original LNOE. So everything pre-LNOE represents the opening chapter in the Zombie Apocalypse... and Timber Peak (and soon to be Blood in the Forest + plus additional upcoming content) represents the second chapter.

Considering Timber Peak has survivors from Woodinvale, with the rulebook hinting at more survivors, it seemed the logical way forward for us. It works and it's fun, and I guess that's what counts at the end of the day.

I'm with you on this one though I do use some base game heroes to TP.
11-15-2013, 07:59 PM
(11-15-2013 07:41 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  
(11-14-2013 09:20 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Base game Woodinvale ---> survivors make it to Timber Peak -----> survivors make it to Blood in the Forest (Airport)

Impression I got was Blood in the Forest was to be an expansion to Timber Peak?? - ie the woods surrounding the town, with potential dash to the airfield.

Just thinking aloud.

I agree. Blood in the Forest is probably set in the same woods as the mining town of Timber Peak. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
11-15-2013, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013 11:57 PM by ForestRunner.)
(11-15-2013 05:27 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(11-13-2013 09:04 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  So looks like our group is in the minority.

We've elected to stick to the story type structure as initially promoted in the original LNOE. So everything pre-LNOE represents the opening chapter in the Zombie Apocalypse... and Timber Peak (and soon to be Blood in the Forest + plus additional upcoming content) represents the second chapter.

Considering Timber Peak has survivors from Woodinvale, with the rulebook hinting at more survivors, it seemed the logical way forward for us. It works and it's fun, and I guess that's what counts at the end of the day.

I'm with you on this one though I do use some base game heroes to TP.

So that makes two of us...

I've pulled in some of the web based content into TP, other than the downloadable scenario from Halloween 2012.

(11-15-2013 07:59 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(11-15-2013 07:41 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  

Just thinking aloud.

I agree. Blood in the Forest is probably set in the same woods as the mining town of Timber Peak. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

No... no, not at all mate. Like I said, more thinking aloud. Pity about the latest delays with BitF. I'm absolutely hanging for it!!

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
11-16-2013, 01:32 AM
I had to cancel my order for BitF because it won't be out until next year and it's holdiing up my order for the new FanG expansions and Eldritch Horror