Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Do you Sleeve your cards?
No Sleeves
Clear Sleeves
Color Sleeves
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To Sleeve or not to Sleeve...
06-02-2014, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 04:51 PM by StayPuft.)
RE: To Sleeve or not to Sleeve...
To sleeve, or not to sleeve, that is the question...
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of rips and bends, or to take arms against a sea of trouble, and by sleeving end them.

P.S. Nerd alert.... Though by now I'm sure I've forgotten some of it, I once memorized the whole To be or not to be speech from Hamlet just because I wanted to. LOL!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Friends don't let friends make a huge mess trying to shuffle sleeved cards.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2014, 08:28 PM
I just don't like sleeves...

With most games, it seems that if you just make a good attempt to be gentle, it doesn't really matter. I do have one game (Mice and Mystics) where the cards just aren't quite high enough quality and it really does need sleeves. I had it sleeved for a while, but hated the sleeves so much I had to take them off.

It is going to suck when the cards wear out for good...
06-06-2014, 03:49 PM
(06-02-2014 08:28 PM)brunoreturns Wrote:  I just don't like sleeves...

With most games, it seems that if you just make a good attempt to be gentle, it doesn't really matter.

Agreed. The games I have and my gaming group has, we tend to play a lot. Heck, I wouldn't even say we are the most gently group in the world. LOL! But, we are respectful of the games, so it isn't like we just throw all caution to the wind. But, even getting a lot of play, most of our cards from most of our games are just fine.

Sometimes you may get a little minor wear, but really not much. As long as you are generally careful, sleeves aren't necessarily NEEDED, but some people do still like to use them.

But, again, that does depend on the game and quality of the cards.
06-06-2014, 06:30 PM
(06-06-2014 03:49 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  sleeves aren't necessarily NEEDED, but some people do still like to use them.

Some people's grandmothers like to wrap their couches in plastic too.

But, to each their own. I respect their decision, and would never refuse to use a wrapped card (or couch).
06-06-2014, 06:38 PM
I have games we have been playing 28-30 us same manual and pieces and cards, wearing, but useable
06-07-2014, 03:41 PM
I put my paperback and hardback books in covers, and I put my cards in sleeves. I like to keep them in as pristine condition as possible.

"I don't have OCD I have CDO. It's like OCD but the letters are in the correct order."
06-09-2014, 04:24 PM
(06-06-2014 06:30 PM)brunoreturns Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 03:49 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  sleeves aren't necessarily NEEDED, but some people do still like to use them.

Some people's grandmothers like to wrap their couches in plastic too.

But, to each their own. I respect their decision, and would never refuse to use a wrapped card (or couch).

I had a grandmother like that. Always found that kinda weird, but I guess it doesn't make it all that much less comfortable... unless it is really hot and you wear shorts (you tend to stick to it) or it is really cold, so the plastic is really cold.
06-12-2014, 06:27 PM
(06-02-2014 08:28 PM)brunoreturns Wrote:  ...With most games, it seems that if you just make a good attempt to be gentle, it doesn't really matter...

For me it's not about protecting the cards, it's about wanting to add the cool custom cards that are out there...

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
06-13-2014, 04:18 PM
(06-12-2014 06:27 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 08:28 PM)brunoreturns Wrote:  ...With most games, it seems that if you just make a good attempt to be gentle, it doesn't really matter...

For me it's not about protecting the cards, it's about wanting to add the cool custom cards that are out there...

Hey, that's actually a good point. Makes it less obvious that they aren't the same as the cards made by the actual manufacturer.