Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tonight's Session: Scarecrow...
06-10-2009, 06:18 AM
Tonight's Session: Scarecrow...
This is why I both fear and love the Scarecrow. It was a two-player game, Thomas and Katarina against the Scarecrow. And it seemed easy enough. Especially with Magistrate Kroft On The Hunt early in the game. A few Crows here and there but nothing to worry about. I, as Katarina, quickly found The Rogue's Rapier, Jack the Servant Boy, and the Hunting Rifle after a bit touch of Madness. All I needed was 8 investigations to buy a lair and the Crows seemed like easy targets. Well a few bad rolls and Mysteries later The board was full of crows (and investigations due to Evil is on the Move) and the darkness track jumped 5 spaces due to not enough counters. So still not terrible news. Lairs now cost 1, right? And should take me no time to get from the Doctor's office to the Fields... Then a string of bad movements happened... During which time Thomas sought out the Scarecrow at the Windmill. He got knocked out and Lady Hanbrook died. Leaving two town elders, (Magistrate Kroft and Sophie) and Lady Hanbrook's Death moved the Shadow Track down to 1... So I finally make it to the Fields, My showdown isn't canceled by Evil is on the Move, and Scarecrow still has two wounds from Thomas' try. But, I can't take any town Elders with me since a lucky hit on them would move the track and end the game... I manage to do 6 wounds before getting knocked out, leaving the Scarecrow with one hit remaining. (So close!) Of course Thomas rushes in for the kill but his Lair gets canceled. So I, without investigation, rush to the Olde Woods to grab enough for a Lair and get attacked... Another Murder of Crows... and with the woods already surrounded by crows moves the track well past Darkness. Was an awesome nail biting game! Even though we lost, still had a great time. Have to remember to clear out those crows as soon as they start showing up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2009, 11:54 AM
RE: Tonight's Session: Scarecrow...
Great Session,I haven't had much gaming time
recently & this makes me want to just go break out
the Game.

I haven't played against the Scarecrow yet,but
it sounds like my experience with the Dryad.
I ran out of Evil Trees Counters & it just kept
the Shadow Track going down & after a wild
show down we lost.

Good Game

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
06-10-2009, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2009 04:42 PM by loseaturn.)
RE: Tonight's Session: Scarecrow...
Oh you should play against the Scarecrow. With a fast shadow track and a Villain that gets stronger as the track moves down... And just the sight of Shadowbrook covered in pesky Crows...

Oh check out my gallery at boardgamegeek. I have a pic called "A Chill Wind" back when Victor and Katarina once fought the Scarecrow.