Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Too Short?
10-26-2013, 02:50 AM
Too Short?
Last night two of us played a competitive game including the Order of the Crimson Hand as a vile organisation, but we were finished in an hour and a half and I only made one visit to a city and won.

This isn't the first time I've noticed this, it seems to happen quite often that we don't go to the cities all that much, therefore don't get the chance to pick up Ally's, Common Items or Gear, let alone the new dock markers.

I think next time we play we'll increase the fortune needed to 25 Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: Too Short?
Hhhhhmm - I've been playing co-op a lot so can't comment on your situation. 2 hours seems the norm though.
10-26-2013, 04:08 PM
My group usually hangs out in cities 2-3 turns whenever they're in one (including at the start) just to try to find city cards for free gear and so on. Adventures can slaughter you if you don't gear up.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-26-2013, 08:41 PM
(10-26-2013 04:08 PM)mqstout pid=T'43080 Wrote:My group usually hangs out in cities 2-3 turns whenever they're in one (including at the start) just to try to find city cards for free gear and so on. Adventures can slaughter you if you don't gear up.

I've never really struggled all that much pn Adventures and never really needed gear, and such like. I'm not saying they're not worth while but I don't find them all that worth while to hang around in a city.

Anyway I only ever went into one city and won the game on that turn so didn't have time to look for cards or spend any glory.

Next time I'm thinking oh trying 25 gold, that will give us more chance to visit cities and give us a greater need to fight the enemy to stop them winning
10-27-2013, 01:05 AM
The length of game play isn't an issue for me in terms of being able to visit Cities, gear up, etc, but rather the Villains put such relentless pressure on that I just don't have the time to stop usually. This is a good thing though IMO for several reasons. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
11-30-2013, 06:25 PM
UPDATE

We've played this 3 more times since the original post and set the Fortune to 25 needed to win and also set the villain track at 25.

The games are much better, and a lot closer with more tactics playing their part. Games are now lasting between 4 and 5 hours, which is a little to long but well worth it for the quality of game we are now getting.

Last nights game was the closest yet after four hours and going into what was surely going to be the last turn both me and my mate Paddy were heading with our fortune back to our home city and the villain track only needed to move one more step for them to win, in the end I just got it Watchmen02
11-30-2013, 06:58 PM
I love easy -- successful -- adjustments.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2014, 03:44 PM
That's one of the things that is really great about FFP games - the ease with which you can scale them and add layers and adjustments to make it play according to the likes of your game group. You can shorten or lengthen, or increase or decrease difficulty fairly easily without unbalancing the game. That has been my experience in ATOE, LNOE and now FANG. That means infinite replayability!

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...