Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Too young?
02-13-2012, 09:12 AM
RE: Too young?
My kids are 12, 9, and 6 and they all enjoy the game. My wife has not been playing so I've been partnering up on the zombie team or the hero team with the 6 year old to help guide him but my two older children jumped right into the swing of the game. Obviously they are not the greatest tacticians at this point but I give them hints or warnings when I see them making a big mistake or missing a big opportunity.

What surprised me was that the game held my 6 year old's attention so well for so long (I think it took us about 3 hours to complete our first game since we were learning the rules). Because of my slipping memory, my 6 year old even reminded me a few times of "remains in play" cards and hero characteristics that I had forgotten... Watchmen02

Hope you have lots of family fun...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2012, 02:34 PM
my friends said that if they are gonna have kids. they're gonna MAKE them play board games... with no mercy >.>
03-13-2012, 02:34 AM
(02-07-2012 11:30 PM)thegep Wrote:  My kids want to play LNOE with us... apart from not having a decent tactical vision of the game, do you think they're too young to play?

They're 8 and 10. The 6yo just likes to make the zombies go "uurrrrr" and potter around on the table lol

I replied earlier about my 6 (almost 7), 9 and 12 year olds playing the game. They all still love the game. The only problem I had was when one game ran late and we were using the new mood music I had picked out (from Nox Arcana). My little guy got creeped out at bedtime and had to sleep with me. He told me it was just the music was too scary. I still felt like crap about it.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
03-13-2012, 04:35 AM
My answer, would be to take a really hard look at them, then take
a deep breathe and think about what your interest are, and go from
here...

A - If you thought about how great it would be to really turn your
child into a game loving nerd that will outcast them from most school
groups but spend more time with you, go for it.

B - If you thought about how great it would be to really turn your child
into a game loving nerd, but do know want to interfere with their
popularity and chance of becoming the next Tim Tebow, or Cam Newton...
probably not.

C- If you think your kid is already into the weird and quirky and would
like to spend more time with them and keep them pointed down the
proper path of weird and quirky... then yes play with them

D - If you think your kid is already weird and quirky and every chance
you ask to spend time with them are denied, I would drop boardgame's
in general and "Play" "Secret Agent" with your spouse to make sure they
are going down the right path and not getting mixed up with the wrong
people.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
03-14-2012, 08:05 PM
(03-13-2012 04:35 AM)Pred Wrote:  My answer, would be to take a really hard look at them, then take
a deep breathe and think about what your interest are, and go from
here...

A - If you thought about how great it would be to really turn your
child into a game loving nerd that will outcast them from most school
groups but spend more time with you, go for it. DID THAT

B - If you thought about how great it would be to really turn your child
into a game loving nerd, but do (not?) know want to interfere with their
popularity and chance of becoming the next Tim Tebow, or Cam Newton... DID THAT TOO

C- If you think your kid is already into the weird and quirky and would
like to spend more time with them and keep them pointed down the
proper path of weird and quirky... then yes play with them ALWAYS

D - If you think your kid is already weird and quirky and every chance
you ask to spend time with them are denied, THAT HAPPENS, ITS CALLED TEEN ANGST I would drop boardgame's
in general and "Play" "Secret Agent" MY SON PLAYED SECRET AGENT WITH THE US SECRET SERVICE (with your spouse - IM DIVIORCED) to make sure they
are going down the right path and not getting mixed up with the wrong
people. I SHOWED HIM THE DARKER SIDE OF LIFE AS WELL AS THE LIGHT. SO FAR HE IS ON THE RIGHT PATH.

My son graduates college this may, and really enjoys gaming. He is so much of a quicky nerdy kinda guy, with confidience, brains and an opinion. He started his own fraternity. after it was established and they had thier first vote for president, and he did not win. He resigned from the fraternity (personal note wtf?, but thats what he did, he also turned down a scholorship from george washington university. He crazy, like me Watchmen02

It finding a balance, as in all things.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
03-29-2012, 09:55 PM
As long as they're responsible kids let them play away!
06-08-2012, 07:58 PM
I think this is definitely a case where the person who could best answer this question is you. It really depends on the kid. Me personally, I've always been into weird stuff and loved Halloween and stuff like that. So, I may have LOVED this game if it were around when I was that age.

If your kids are easily scared, I would definitely not recommend this game for them yet. Honestly, the game itself isn't really made that adult, so given the right kids, they could play without you having to worry too much. But, like I said, if the idea of zombies might spook them a little too much, probably better to skip it for now. If they already understand and can appreciate the differences between fantasy and reality enough, then go for it.
06-08-2012, 10:48 PM
you need to start training them for the zombie apocalypse, so what better way?
06-08-2012, 11:35 PM
My eldest son is 25 and I still think snakes and ladders may be the level I should stick at Watchmen02

Not the face!! Not the face!!