Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Town Elder Bonuses
10-26-2011, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2011 06:47 PM by vikinglad.)
Town Elder Bonuses
I looked around here, BBG, and the Frog wiki FAQ, but couldn't find answers for these. Hopefully it isn't because it is in some obvious place in the rulebook that I overlooked. While playing last night, we had a couple of questions about the elder bonuses:

1. When in a hunting party during a showdown, do the elders add their spirit, cunning, etc to the hero they are linked to (ie when fighting with Spirit with Brother Marcus, do I add the spirit of the elder to my attack)? We ruled "no" last night, but I said I would ask. I think only the special abilities apply to the showdown.

2. If an elder is on the board due to "On the Hunt," and is in the same square as a minion and a hero, can the hero fighting the minion use the elder's special ability, or is this only good for showdowns? We ruled "no" last night. I think special abilities are only for use during the showdown.

Thanks for the help. That was our first game with the Something Wicked expansion. We played the Unspeakable Horror, and it was really fun. You need a really big table to play both boards and all of the new decks and stuff!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2011, 09:43 PM
RE: Town Elder Bonuses
(10-26-2011 06:46 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  1. When in a hunting party during a showdown, do the elders add their spirit, cunning, etc to the hero they are linked to (ie when fighting with Spirit with Brother Marcus, do I add the spirit of the elder to my attack)? We ruled "no" last night, but I said I would ask. I think only the special abilities apply to the showdown.

My understanding for this is that you can use an Elders stat instead of your own, but I do not believe they combine.

I dont recall the rules for On the Hunt, so I cannot comment on your #2 question.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2011, 12:23 AM
RE: Town Elder Bonuses
I think it goes like so: you add the special ability listed on the bottom of the card unless a secret gives additional bonuses. You do not normally add the Eldar's spirit, cunning, etc. to the attack dice pool...only the special ability. For example: Rev. Harding will provide +2 Fight Dice vs. vampires, ghosts and demons or +1 Fight Dice vs. any other villain. Special Abilities are only for Showdowns.