Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Townsfolk as Characters Official!
02-26-2013, 06:55 AM
RE: Townsfolk as Characters Official!
This might be dumb, but I kinda like the Townsfolk being nonplayable and yet able to experience them. It makes them unique in a really fun way. With that said, the kid in me just slapped me and said "more figures you idiot old man!!!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2013, 04:47 PM
is this still in the works? Just wondering, as it has been awhile!
04-23-2013, 09:23 PM
I haven't got anything concrete (I wish I had). Apparently they've been around ages in the FFP camp. I can only hope they come out in a web exclusive or maybe a Townsfolk character could be in Blood in the Forest? We shall see...
06-07-2013, 01:12 PM
This thought just popped in my head.

What if FFG were actually planning to put out new Townsfolk Event cards for the Hero Deck to represent the current roster of Heroes. I.E. - Father Joseph as a Townsfolk Event. That way, all of the game characters could be represented in both fashions.

Just thought this would be cool thematically, just remove the Townsfolk Events that coincide with the Heroes you are currently playing as from the Hero Deck and bam!, you'll get 'cameo' appearances from your full cast of characters.
06-08-2013, 01:07 AM
(02-26-2013 06:55 AM)Valharrin Wrote:  This might be dumb, but I kinda like the Townsfolk being nonplayable and yet able to experience them. It makes them unique in a really fun way. With that said, the kid in me just slapped me and said "more figures you idiot old man!!!"

You know... the funny thing is I kind of agree with you. It is neat that there are even more characters that are part of the game, without necessarily being one of the playable characters. Though, I must admit, I would like to see at least some of them join the regular cast as playable characters. So, I would kind of hope some of them do get released as miniatures and playable characters at some point, but not necessarily all of them. I definitely kind of agree with you. It is kind of neat to imagine them as cameo characters who show up in the course of the "movie" you are telling through a game to help out the others in some way.
06-08-2013, 02:02 AM
In a way they are already playable, some of the scenarios or web scenarios already outline generic health and stuff, use the event cards as their ability and throw it all in the hero template. Print. Play..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-13-2013, 01:41 AM
True. I like that, actually. Again, it is like having a supporting cast in your zombie movie. LOL! They aren't the main cast, but they are still part of the story.
03-26-2014, 03:24 AM
Did the Townsfolk as Characters ever see the light of day?
03-26-2014, 05:18 AM
(03-26-2014 03:24 AM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Did the Townsfolk as Characters ever see the light of day?

Nothing yet, but still hoping to see these! Would also want to see townsfolk heroes/tokens/card for the existing heroes as well.

If the heroes are in play (or in the "replenish hero" pool) then you pull their cards from the deck before play. If not, put the cards in the deck.
Since all scenarios have a maximum of 4 hero kills for a zombie victory, you can pull three "replenish heroes" at the start of the game and shuffle in the rest.

It does remove some excitement of which heroes you might get, but seeing Sheriff Anderson show up as an event seems like a good trade off.
03-27-2014, 05:13 PM
(03-26-2014 03:24 AM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Did the Townsfolk as Characters ever see the light of day?

Not yet. We can but hope...