Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Truck and barrels
03-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Truck and barrels
Went to a train model/toy show this weekend. Saw tons and tons of great scenery and landscape models and additions. I was half tempted to spend 30$ on a completed graveyard that pretty much scale to the game.

Anyway while I was there I was on the hunt for anything I could throw into the game. I found this great truck and some barrels that I'll have to paint.

I was thinking of sanding the barrels down to give them some scratches, priming them and throwing on a rust color with some green oozing out of the tops.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2013, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 05:03 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Truck and barrels
The barrels look perfect scale-wise. I'd have to see a figure next to the Truck. I bought this truck from a company called Vanguard and the barrels in the back are Games Workshop. I thought I'd share a few of my props. To maybe give you some ideas.

Games Workshop also did the Gas tanks too. These get used in many games.

There's some great looking barrels here at eureka miniatures

A well from a company called urban construct

A book token. I made this from modelling clay

Old Betsy from Mega Miniatures

Or Zombie Betsy. This is a custom job made from 3 different dogs

03-18-2013, 07:31 PM
I searched for your vanguard one online, I only found it on a UK based site for 12 pounds lol I got mine for 5$ which was perfect, I'll most likely paint it a darker blue with some mud like yours but the scale is 1:43. I've been keeping an eye for for gas cans online but where did you get the well from?
03-18-2013, 08:32 PM
(03-18-2013 07:31 PM)Akfromla Wrote:  I searched for your vanguard one online, I only found it on a UK based site for 12 pounds lol I got mine for 5$ which was perfect, I'll most likely paint it a darker blue with some mud like yours but the scale is 1:43. I've been keeping an eye for for gas cans online but where did you get the well from?

Your truck scale is perfect then. I got my truck from a store much cheaper ( thats 1:43 and it comes ready painted too). The well is from this company http://www.wargameterrain.co.uk/index.php I couldn't find the well on the site though you may need to send an email and ask. It's made of resin and it's from the castle set.

Hope this helps.
03-19-2013, 06:11 PM
I couldn't find the barrels on WG I did a quick search for them on google and unfortunately some people are selling 1 gas tank + 2 fuel cells for 10$ little bit to much.

Anyway I found this guy on eureka, not sure if you've played All Hallows Eve web scenario but I think this guy would make a perfect Zombie Master.

The Lnoe minis are 28mm right?

http://www.eurekaminusa.com/product.aspx...02&cid=227

03-19-2013, 06:46 PM
(03-19-2013 06:11 PM)Akfromla Wrote:  I couldn't find the barrels on WG I did a quick search for them on google and unfortunately some people are selling 1 gas tank + 2 fuel cells for 10$ little bit to much.

Anyway I found this guy on eureka, not sure if you've played All Hallows Eve web scenario but I think this guy would make a perfect Zombie Master.

The Lnoe minis are 28mm right?

http://www.eurekaminusa.com/product.aspx...02&cid=227

Yes the LNoE minis are 28mm scale. The Zombie master would be perfect (He could be any of the townsfolk underneath that hood!)

I did a thread here comparing all the scales of miniature Zombies that I own. Take a look it may help (look through the full thread as it's ongoing) http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ison-shots
03-21-2013, 05:41 PM
The zombie master looks perfect. I'd have to say All Hollows Eve was one of my favorite scenarios.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Glad I kept my gas cans from my 1/35 scale models and GW minis...excellent ideas to make game play more fun (I think). After I saw this tread I ran to Wally World to buy an old Pick Up Truck.

Nice work...thanks for sharing.

Dennis
03-26-2014, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2014 02:27 AM by Akfromla.)
So I finally got around to painting my truck and I'm really happy with the results. I tried as best I could to match the dings and rust stains.
I even added a little bloody hand print (hand prints are hard).

After I took the entire thing apart to paint it I noticed I had a lot of extra room in the cab. So of course I had to add some LED's for headlights =). Hope you all enjoy.

03-26-2014, 02:38 PM
This looks great! Really nice job on the truck.