Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
True Blood
07-18-2009, 11:24 AM
True Blood
We here in the UK just got this last night on FX HD. I watched it and thought it was pretty good. Have any of you guys watched it and should I keep watching? Because after the pilot most of these shows can become poor.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2009, 08:18 PM
RE: True Blood
This one in my opinion goes the other way - the first 3 episodes are mostly establishing back story and it isn't until episode 4 that it really starts to get good. so if you liked the pilot you're halfway home! Watchmen02
07-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Unfortunately, I hated the pilot. I fast-forwarded through most of it. Oh well... can't please them all.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Just watched episode 2 last night. I think I'll keep watching this I like it so far. Anyway not much else to watch on a Friday night.
09-20-2009, 09:04 AM
It seems I maybe the only person on Earth that doesn't like this show.

I watched all of season 1 and afterwards thought to myself, 'Why is there so much hype about this?'

One issue I had was it never pulled me in. I watched during my lunch at work, so it had my full attention, but I never ended an episode needing to know what happens next. I also debated if I should even watch another episode when the time came to do so.
Unlike shows like Dexter, where I had to watch the next episode right then and there.

I don't want to go into details and spoil some it for people that my not have seen it, but sometimes it just seemed silly and other times I felt like the show lost focus itself. There is a major store arc through out the first season, but at times it is like an episode or two will just forget that this major thing is even present in their little town.

Those are just my thoughts. If you enjoy it I am truly supportive in your enjoyment.

On a side note, they actual drink True Blood was available to taste at PAX (Penny Arcade Expo) this year. My wife and I both tried it, and we agreed it wasn't bad. I wouldn't buy it under an circumstance but if some one offered me one I would have zero issues drinking it. It is a very sweet pure cane sugar orange soda.