Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Two fantastic games!
11-19-2008, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2008 04:10 PM by supervike.)
Two fantastic games!
Over the last weekend, my wife asked to play LNoE with me.

So, I happily obliged.

We played two games, and as I wanted to try out scenario's I hadn't before, we tried BURN IT TO THE GROUND from the Growing Hunger supplement.

She played as zombies and was struggling with the proper strategy, it soon became apparent that if she blocked off the Mansion, I'd have no chance to win. So, even after grabbing the final gasoline card I needed to burn it down, the way was blocked.

I was on my LAST hero's turn (Sam) on the LAST turn of the game (the Sun track was at 1). I found myself on the last of the spawning pits, already doused with gas, trying to light the fire to burn down the mansion. To be able to ignite the fuel, Sam needed to survive any fights. He already had taken three wounds, and to make matters worse, the zombie he now had to survive against was a GRAVE DEAD.

The rest of my heros were in the Mansion as well, attempting to clear it out for the final fury. On the last roll of the last turn of the last hero, Sam survived and ignited the blaze---Winning the game!

Story wise, the heroes would have undoubtably died being burned alive in the inferno, but stopping the zombie horde, saving the town!

What a cinematic finish!

Game two saw Sam return (I choose characters randomly) along with three women, Jenny, Sally and tough Rachelle.

This game was the STOCK UP scenario, and my wife still wanted to play as the zombies. She had learned her lesson from last game, and proceeded to congregate only in the stock up building, the Gas Station. This left me mostly unharrassed to search and find the needed weaponry and first aid kit...but only needed to clear the building.

Sam waited patiently a handful of turns just outside the range of the building. He seemed to have an ace up his sleeve. The women, now carrying all the essentials hovered just outside that, waiting in the antique shop for the right moment.

ALL the zombies (ALL 14!) shambled around patiently as well, sort of an undead Mexican standoff, content to hold the building.

Finally, with three scant turns left, Sam dashed into the building, yelling loudly with only a stick of dynamite as an item. The ace up his sleeve was the fantastic "I'll See You In Hell" card. Sam's sacrifice didn't kill all the zombies, but from 14 crowding the small building, now only 4 stood.

The women now raced for the building, hoping to make it before the sun finally set.... but inclimate weather (it was HEAVY RAIN) and some tremendously bad movement rolls made them stumble, and they were unable to secure the building before the zombies regained the advantage....This game Sam's sacrifice would go for naught....

Both great, tight games with interesting strategies and tense dice rolls.

The balance of this game is just about perfect!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2008, 07:16 PM
RE: Two fantastic games!
sounds fun, go sam!

do you always only play with two people?
Find all posts by this user
11-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Mostly I do. We have had games with up to four people, which I thought was fun....With more people It adds another dimension on when or who gets to use the Hero or the Zombie cards....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-20-2008, 03:39 AM
ya and alot more complications.
11-20-2008, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2008 03:55 AM by kosmium.)
Thanks for sharing. Good to see other people get as excited as we do with close games!