Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Two player games?
07-15-2013, 02:30 PM
RE: Two player games?
(07-12-2013 12:10 PM)ZombieDad Wrote:  We tried a Co-op game: Pandemic. My wife didn't like it, she thought it was too simple. I still want to try another Co-op game. Right now she doesn't like LNOE, with 2 players. I think because she was heroes with too much to track with 4 Hereos and she never felt like she could do a lot in a turn. She wanted to run around the board and kill zombies quickly. She loves Catan, LOTR: Risk. We also have been playing Android: Netrunner and she likes it.

I've heard Kings of Tokyo from many different places, I really want to try that. She likes LOTR, so Lord of the rings: the confrontation' sounds very interesting. Lost Cities also sounds like fun too.

get the expansion for pandemic then ask your wife if it is too easy.. Watchmen02

dan verseen? DVG makes a 'rise of the zombies' card game. can be played 1-8 players. decent game. good level of thought.. etc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2013, 03:35 AM
I'm going to pick up Lost Cities tomorrow at a local card dealer I found. I'm also going to check out the LOTR Card game, looks fun and it plays solo. King of Tokyo also caught my eye. It seems like a fun game to have around.
07-18-2013, 09:57 AM
(07-18-2013 03:35 AM)ZombieDad Wrote:  I'm going to pick up Lost Cities tomorrow at a local card dealer I found. I'm also going to check out the LOTR Card game, looks fun and it plays solo. King of Tokyo also caught my eye. It seems like a fun game to have around.

yep, bought King of Tokyo myself. Its fun like hell Watchmen02
07-18-2013, 03:14 PM
info on lost cities?
07-24-2013, 01:10 PM
(07-18-2013 03:14 PM)soundguy Wrote:  info on lost cities?

Lost Cities has been great! It is a two player card game, and yes the cards are oversized. It's been a lot of fun. It has more of a classic feel like Uno or Skipbo. The strategy and risk element comes out as there is only one set of each card, choosing what to discard since your partner can pick it up, and the abrupt end of the game (you always want a few more turns!). Check out boardgamegeek.com for more info. It has been a major win so far!

Ended up getting Legendary: Marvel Deck Building, that has also been a big win. We are a fan of the Avengers/X men movies, so my wife liked the theme. Plus, she already liked Dominion, so it was easy to learn. We've played both the last two nights and give them both a 10!
07-25-2013, 09:26 PM
i take it lost cities is not coop but PvP then?
07-26-2013, 03:34 AM
(07-25-2013 09:26 PM)soundguy Wrote:  i take it lost cities is not coop but PvP then?

Yes, Lost Cities is PvP
07-26-2013, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't recommend King of Tokyo for just two players. One of the reasons that make the game fun for me is the multiplayer aspect of the game, like when people forge temporary alliances to take others out, or when you get multiple kills when you're King. I don't get that when it's one vs one.

I've been considering getting a copy of Minigame Library, which has two 2 player games that seems awesome - Noir and Pixel Tactics.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-26-2013, 09:24 PM
i tend to like co=op games. we have a small but friendly group of gamers.. and while a lil pvp is noce.. we prefer co op wins or losses better.. Watchmen02
08-01-2013, 05:46 PM
We don't play King of Tokyo with 2 players, it doesn't seem like it would be fun that way. We've played 5 games over two nights with 4 players. It's been a hit, lots of fun. It's not deep strategy. But, it offers enough choices in purchasing super powers, healing, or attacking to make it seem strategic and not just luck. Lost Cities continues to be a good, light, quick go to game. I would call it a 2 player "filler" game. We've also been playing 2 player Legendary: Marvels game. This one is co-op, but also has a competitive edge. We play it pretty competitively. Tonight, we are playing it with 4 players.