Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UNSOLVED ? re: Mystery cards destroying items/allies/animals
11-14-2010, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2010 12:31 AM by mqstout.)
UNSOLVED ? re: Mystery cards destroying items/allies/animals
There are Mysteries that say roll a D6 for every item/animal/ally currently in play and on the roll of X remove that item/animal/ally. They way I played was I rolled on the items that any player currently had, plus the animals in the town items that were unsold. Are you supposed to go through all of the location decks and roll for the yet-to-be discovered items and allies as well?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2010, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2010 09:13 PM by mqstout.)
RE: ? re: Mystery cards destroying items/allies/animals
I include those still in the blacksmith for that card, but not the location decks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-16-2010, 08:33 PM
To expand on that, what about the discarded location item?
11-17-2010, 01:25 AM
Hmmm

I posted a similar thread at boardgamegeek and I was told you ARE supposed to go through all of the location decks (plus their discard piles) and town items and roll for each one to see if it's removed from the game. The only thing that I don't like about this is that it's a pain in the neck to go through each deck and see how many potential cards there are. In the SW expansion there are a lot more of them too so this card is more annoying than anything.

I think I'll stick with a house rule stating that you roll for each card in play plus unsold town & monestary items. Looking through each deck is just too time consuming.
11-17-2010, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2010 11:32 PM by Old Dwarf.)
? I've always only included those cards actually held by the Heros.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-28-2010, 11:14 PM
My group always understands these cards to mean those held by heroes, plus any for sale in the shops.
11-29-2010, 12:30 AM
Calling Mr. Hill for an official answer...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user