Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Marcowargamer Overview Video
08-23-2014, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2014 04:50 PM by Odie.)
Marcowargamer Overview Video
This is another fantastic overview of the game (in this case, City of the Ancients):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDoq2wQk_vs

Very detailed look at how the game works, and a closer look at many of the charts and components.

Of special interest is the overview of the town charts and locations. Many things to do, gear to buy, and places to visit.

Th Saloon Girl/Showman-specific chart for visiting the Saloon is pretty cool, and the Blacksmith chart for crafting and upgrading is very interesting.

If I have one worry after watching this video, it's about some of the random events that can take place in town, and the effect they might have on a hero I've spent a lot of time building up. Many of the event rolls have you making a test to try to avoid the event, but there are some events where if luck doesn't go your way, your character will straight up die (I'm looking at you, Hired Assassin!). Just brutal. Maybe too brutal. If something goes badly in the mines, that's one thing, but if something goes horribly wrong in town where I have relatively limited control over my survival...I'm not too crazy about that prospect.

Overall though, it's very cool, and based off of the Blacksmith chart, I'm already starting to put weapon builds together in my head for my homicidal Prospector Granny.

Writer, Gamer, Professional Geek

Odie Bracy - Fiction Blog

Full Color Gamer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2014, 05:07 PM
RE: Marcowargamer Overview Video
Thanks Odie- I remember WarHammer Quest getting screwed out of the loot due to
an encounter on the way back to a village by an Event.Bummer but it add an extra
dimension to the Game.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply