Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unrelated Manor House
01-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Unrelated Manor House
Does anyone here use the Manor House in unrelated scenarios? I mean, do you use it when you're playing another scenario that doesn't require it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2011, 06:53 PM
RE: Unrelated Manor House
Sometimes. Usually not, though.
Find all posts by this user
01-11-2011, 07:01 PM
What Orguss said.
01-11-2011, 08:13 PM
We tried once. It makes it really hard to get to the other side of town. The big squares in the normal center board make getting to your destination easier. I think I would use the Manor House if the heroes were winning too often, as this seems like it would favor zombies, since they can walk through walls.
01-12-2011, 04:15 AM
i use it often cause i find that the heroes i play with win or than the zombies...and i like to use it to have that one house in town. (other than the farm house)

i wish flying frog would add some housing, even an apt. building would be great.

August 17th
We've been receiving a lot of local reports about strange monsters appearing at random throughout the city. This must be the work of Umbrella.
01-12-2011, 03:24 PM
(01-11-2011 08:13 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  We tried once. It makes it really hard to get to the other side of town. The big squares in the normal center board make getting to your destination easier. I think I would use the Manor House if the heroes were winning too often, as this seems like it would favor zombies, since they can walk through walls.

I would have thought it would still be balanced, at least that was my experience. I mean, the Heroes have the ability to move up to six places a turn (7 in some cases I believe), provided nothing blocks or prevents their movement (locked door, rain, lights out, etc.).

Zombies would have a harder time getting to the Heroes because they usually only move 1 square a turn and have more squares between them and the heroes.

I guess it's dependent on the game experience really. Zombie players could literally make movement slow to a crawl. On the other hand, Heroes would have an easier time getting to the other side of the board and getting away from the Zombies.

Another factor is the increased time. I would say that if you did this, you might want to add 2 extra turns to the scenario, especially if it involves searching. That is, unless you permit searching of the Manor House.